How to Transfer Outlook Settings?
“I exported entire PST data from my old computer to new one but couldn’t export Profile settings. I checked all available options during export but couldn’t find any for moving Outlook settings. Is there any method to move settings of PST file from one Outlook to another? Please suggest me appropriate one.”
Outlook Profiles have certain default settings which will make the interface and appearance of mail data attractive. Besides, users can always change few default settings accordingly. When it comes to moving PST data between computers or different Outlook environment, user might worry because settings cannot be moved. Outlook export and import option doesn’t allow users to move Profile settings, which is why users navigate to search for third party tools to accomplish the task. Before knowing about appropriate program to export Outlook settings, let us know possible scenarios that compel Outlook users to transfer Outlook settings:
- While reinstalling or upgrading Windows OS on computer
- To replace old desktop / laptop with newly purchased one
- Migrate Outlook Profile to upgraded version
- In case of compete format of Windows system
In these instances, moving only PST data may not be sufficient if user requires same account settings. However, nothing to worry about how to move Outlook settings without much effort; it is possible by making use of proficient tool that has capability to move entire Outlook account settings.
Utility to move Outlook account settings:
The best program to transfer Outlook settings on Windows computer is Yodot Move Outlook PST. This tool has ability to perform easy transfer of Outlook PST data along with profile settings into different Outlook environments. It can move Outlook PST attributes like email folders, notes, rules, signature, deleted items, contacts, etc. as it appears in source mail account into different Profile. It genuinely exports mail items from PST file created in Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 application versions. For any queries related to the software performance you can consult technical support team at any time. This utility is compatible to work on Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows Server 2008, Server 2003, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista OS based computers.
Steps to transfer Outlook Settings:
- Download and install the application on your Windows computer
- Launch the tool and wait for main screen to appear
- Click on ‘Backup’ option to take copy of Outlook PST that needs to be moved
- To move entire PST file items, you need to choose ‘Smart Backup’ option
- To select required attributes of PST like account settings click on ‘Advance Backup’ option and proceed
- Save backup file in desired location and finish backup process
- To move account settings to Outlook on different computer, transfer the backup file onto second computer using USB drive; then install and run same software on that system
- If settings have to be moved to upgraded Outlook on same computer, upgrade the Outlook application and then run the software
- After running the program click on ‘Migrate’ option and select the backup file that contains account settings
- Click next till the process completes
- Outlook will configure the exported Outlook account settings neatly
- You can backup entire Outlook PST file at required time using same software or schedule the process
- Do not use virus infected external storage media while moving Outlook PST to different computer