How to Move RSS Feeds in Outlook?
RSS is a convenient way for content publishers to distribute information in a standardized format. Example for RSS content is sources of information such as news headlines that are frequently updated. The delivery mechanism of RSS content is known as RSS feed. You can see millions of RSS feeds that consists of headlines or short summaries of content with a link to the original source. Even, RSS includes attachments of any type. RSS feeds can also be referred as XML feeds, RSS channels, syndicated content and Web feeds. It is widely used among Outlook users.
Sometimes, you may come across situations like you have collected and added variety of RSS feeds in Microsoft Outlook and now you are going to change system and you want to copy these RSS feeds into new one. Obviously, it will take lot of time to transfer RSS feed one by one. But you can make this task quick by following two techniques.
Technique 1: Using Export Option
Outlook allows you to export RSS Feeds as an .opml file, which enables you to copy RSS Feeds easily on other system. To do this, open ‘Import and Export’ dialog box:
For Outlook 2007 users: click on File-> Import and Export
For Outlook 2010 users: click on File-> Open-> Import
For Outlook 2013 users: click on File-> Open & Export-> Import/Export
When Import and Export Wizard dialog box opens, select “Export RSS Feeds to an OPML file” -> Click on next button-> then, click on “Select All” and “Next” button-> Now, click on “Browse” button-> select the destination location where the RSS feeds has to be stored and click on “Save” button and complete the process.
You can now see an .opml file in the specified location that can be moved to other Outlook profile or same profile in different computer. This process is tedious as the opml file has to be configured into target Profile using Import function. To avoid this lengthy process, you can prefer method 2 mentioned below.
Technique 2: Using Move Outlook PST software
If you are finding problem to move RSS feeds in Outlook using Export and Import functionality, use specific Outlook data transfer utility to easily transfer RSS Feeds and other PST items.
Software to export RSS feeds in Outlook:
Yodot Move Outlook PST software can efficiently transfer RSS feeds in Outlook. Apart from RSS feeds, it can move Outlook attributes like Contacts, Personal folders, Notes, Tasks, Journals, Rules, Calendar events, signature, etc. in Outlook. This utility can effortlessly migrate Outlook profiles to higher version. Additionally, it helps transferring Outlook profiles from one desktop or laptop to another along with account settings. “Schedule” option of this application will generate automatic backup of Outlook data at specified time and date. This program is compatible with different versions of Outlook such as 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. Even it will assist to move MS Office Outlook profiles to latest Office 365 account. It can support all versions of Windows OS such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
Procedure to Move Outlook RSS feeds:
- First install Yodot Move Outlook PST software on Windows system and run the tool
- It will display 3 options namely “Back Up”, “Restore” and “Migrate” in main screen
- To transfer RSS feeds in Outlook, first you need to create its backup by clicking on “Backup” option
- In next screen, it will show two sub options such as “Smart Backup” and “Advanced Backup”, click on “Advanced Backup” to transfer only RSS Feeds
- Now save backup file to a known location and close application
- If you wish to move RSS feeds to Outlook in some other computer, copy backup file to destination computer using portable drive and install and run same software on that system as well
- In case, you are trying to move RSS Feeds to upgraded version of Outlook on current desktop, upgrade the version and run the tool again
- Now, click on “Migrate” option in main window and select backup file that contains RSS Feeds, then click on “Next” to complete the process
- Before running software just exit Outlook if it is already opened
- Read instructions carefully before starting to transfer RSS feeds in Outlook on same system or different system