Extract RAR Archive by Ignoring CRC Errors
RAR is one of the most widely used file format intended to compress files. It is mostly used to transfer / download large number files and to conserve storage space on system. However, parallel to other files even RAR files become erroneous or get corrupt due to numerous reasons and the most common problem is CRC error. RAR file display CRC error when it fails to execute Cyclic Redundancy Check due to mismatch in bits while extracting files from RAR archive.
Some of other cause for damaged or erroneous RAR file includes RAR file header corruption, virus attack, power failure while extracting RAR archive, incomplete download of RAR file from internet, software malfunction, hardware failures and like on.
How to ignore CRC errors and extract RAR archive?
You can bypass CRC error and extract RAR files by using following steps:
- In WinRAR software click the "File" menu and choose "Open Archive." option
- Next, browse for erroneous RAR archive and click the "Open" button
- Hit on "Extract to" icon at the top of the WinRAR application
- Click the check box next to "Keep Broken Files" in the "Miscellaneous" section
- Later, browse the path on your system where you want to uncompress RAR file on the right side of the window. Click "OK" to start the extraction
- Ignore any errors that appear during the RAR file extraction process. When a CRC error window pops up, close it and carry on your extraction process. WinRAR application will permit you to continue and extract the files stored in the RAR archive
In case this method fails to extract RAR file by ignoring CRC error, then don’t worry!! Here you will be glad to find accurate RAR file repair software to bypass CRC error and extract files compressed in RAR archive.
Software to extract RAR file by ignoring CRC errors:
Yodot RAR Repair software is the best choice to extract RAR file by ignoring CRC error on Windows system. The application is designed with read-only feature; thereby it doesn’t alter the source RAR file during the repair process. The tool even fixes CRC error or any other corruption issues with multipart RAR archives. It can repair erroneous RAR file and restores all the files compressed in it. You can also mend RAR archive of 4GB file size successfully using this utility. This software easily fixes error WinRAR cannot execute file, CRC error, error file name is too big, cannot open file as archieve, and other errors on all the latest Windows operating system such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003.
Simple process to extract RAR file by ignoring CRC errors:
- Download and install Yodot RAR Repair program to your Windows desktop / laptop
- Run the software and follow the on-screen instructions
- Browse and select RAR file to fix CRC errors and hit "Repair" button
- The application initiates the repair process, you can view the process in progress bar
- After completion, the tool displays repaired RAR file
- Before saving you can also preview files and folders compressed in RAR archive
- Finally, save the fixed RAR file to your desired destination location
- Always work among secure environment and avoid virus attack to RAR file on system
- Maintain proper internet connection while downloading RAR archive
- Backup essential RAR files on any external storage devices