Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Convert OST to PST after CRC Error
“Today morning when I clicked on OST file to open, I got an error message that “Data error (Cyclic redundancy check)”. I asked many people on how to overcome this type of problem but everyone’s answer was same that it cannot be resolved. Is it true? Please someone help me out. My OST file contains many important emails, tasks, notes and other attributes, which I don’t want to lose.”
While using OST file you might have presented with Cyclic Redundancy Check error that had stopped you from accessing information resided in OST file. The CRC error is a Windows error message that indicates that there is a problem reading data you are trying to access. The main cause for this issue could be a damaged OST file. There are several causes for OST file corruption; some of the major issues include power failure, sharing OST file over multiple network, storing OST file on hard drive containing bad sectors, improper termination etc. However, Windows has built-in method in order to fix this kind of problem and avoid further errors. Here are the details of it:
- First of all click on the “Start” menu present in the left bottom side of the screen and write “Run” on the search box
- As soon as you write “Run” you will get a small window, Just type “cmd” and press “Enter”
- Now you will see a black window known as Windows DOS
- Type "chkdsk /f" and press "Enter”. You will now find a message saying that the disk will be checked next time when you start the system
- Just hit upon “Y” and then “Enter”
After following all these steps, restart your computer by closing the Windows DOS command. When you restart your computer Windows starts scanning the disk. Wait for the drive scan to reach 100%. When it completes scanning process, the CRC error will be fixed and you can access information from OST file without any difficulties. But in case same error message repeats, then it shows that the OST file is severely corrupted, so to eliminate CRC errors from OST file, you need to convert it to PST file to make it healthy and accessible PST file.
Converting OST to PST file that shows CRC Error:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is the best converter software that ensures and guarantees conversion of OST to PST file without causing any data loss from OST file. The distinctive procedure embedded in this utility make the conversion of OST to PST a simple task. It facilitates enormous features that permit users to make use of this software in the best possible way without any hassle. Along with conversion, it can recover every strand of data stored within the OST file. These data include attachments, journals, notes, email messages, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. The tool can be employed on Windows PCs having Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2008 OS versions.
Procedure to convert OST to PST file after CRC Error:
- Download the application and install it on your Windows computer
- Run the application and then follow the instructions given on it
- On the main screen of the software, there are two buttons provided namely “Open OST File” and “Find OST File”
- Click on Open PST file if you know the OST file location on your system or click on Find OST File to let software scan for OST file
- After selecting OST file you will be prompted to select the destination path where you need to save converted OST file as PST and click on Convert button
- In he next window, the conversion process takes place and accordingly the progress is displayed over the screen
- Once conversion gets finished, you will get confirmation message saying OST file conversion have been completed
How to get rid of CRC Error?
- Keep scanning your computer with Antivirus software once in a week or two to remove dreadful viruses from your computer
- Do not save OST file on a hard drive that contains bad sectors