Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Software to Convert Corrupt OST to PST File
“I work on Outlook application by creating an offline folder. Now, the file is corrupt due to virus infection and it is not responding to the commands. I need to convert this corrupt OST to PST file format in order to extract its contents. But, manually I am unable to convert this corrupt OST file to PST. So, can anyone please suggest good solution to convert corrupt OST file to PST file? Thanks in advance.”
Outlook OST is offline data file that is created by Outlook users who use Microsoft Exchange Server. Microsoft Exchange is an email based collaborative communication Server used by organizations to enhance remote access to ones mailbox. This Microsoft Exchange Server comprises an email server, email client and several groupware applications for users of a large organization for secure access communications from their desktops within a protected and controlled environment. And while using Exchange Server account, one can configure Outlook to create local copy of mailbox that is saved in Exchange Serve and store it on desktop with .ost file extension called offline folder. This OST file enables the users to access all emails and other mail attributes of the account even when the account is not connected to Exchange Server, i.e. changes made with Outlook data file OST will be updated in Server account when connection is restored.
Now, let us see how this Outlook OST file get corrupt:
- While updating OST file contents with Server account there is should be complete network connectivity. Else data synchronization will be disturbed causing OST file corruption
- Changes in Outlook configuration settings due to software conflicts or some other errors can damage the Outlook OST file
- Improper Outlook migration process, virus infection, malfunctioning of Microsoft Outlook application, etc. can all lead to OST file corruption thus making the file inaccessible
When OST file gets corrupt, emails and other mail account attributes will be inaccessible to the users. In most of the cases, if this inaccessible OST file is converted to PST file, then many irregularities gets fixed and mail account will be freely accessed. Thus, here comes the need to convert OST to PST. By converting the offline folder file to PST file on Windows, one can easily access all the emails, contacts and other mail attributes that were unreachable before.
Now, how to convert corrupted OST to PST file is another question?
Manually, one cannot easily convert damaged OST file to PST file on an Outlook. Hence, it is always recommended to use a good third party OST to PST converter in order to renovate corrupt OST file. One of the most relevant and efficient way of converting corrupted OST file to PST file is by making use of Yodot OST to PST Converter This application performs exact conversion of corrupted OST data file to PST with the help of advanced strategies within no time.
You can successfully change password protected OST file to PST file and fix all irregularities associated with the file. The software can securely convert corrupted OST file to PST file on MS Exchange Server versions like 5, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. Also, one can effortlessly extract all Outlook OST mail items from damaged as well as not working OST files on Windows 7, 8, 2003, 2008, Vista and XP OS based computers.
Steps for converting corrupt OST file to PST file on MS Outlook:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter software on Windows computer where corrupted OST file resides
- Then install and launch the tool by carrying out given instructions
- In the main screen, you will find two options called ‘Open OST File’ and ‘Find OST File’
- Select required option according to your need
- Further, provide a destination location to save repaired and converted Outlook file
- Then click on Convert button to trigger the process of conversion
- After completion of conversion process, go to the destination location to find converted file
- Make use of powerful antivirus software on your system to get rid of harmful virus infection
- Avoid abrupt termination of system or Outlook application while working on OST file
- Make proper network connectivity while syncing OST file with Exchange Server