Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Solve Unable to Expand Folder Error of OST File
“I often work on my Outlook in offline mode i.e. when there is no internet connection. I never used to encounter any issues while working OST file. But, today when I tried to open the OST file, there was an error message ‘Unable to expand the folder’. I don’t understand where the problem is and all my mail items are not reachable now. How can I fix this error in Outlook OST file? Please suggest me any suitable suggestion.”
There are many users who encounter various error messages while accessing Outlook OST file. OST is an offline folder which will be saved with .ost file format on the system drive similar to PST file. Any changes made to the OST file will be updated in Exchange Server when network gets connected by syncing the data with Exchange Server. But, there are many circumstances that can bring on many errors when you try to access OST file and above mentioned is one such error.
Error: Unable to expand the folder …
Often this error message is displayed with Microsoft Outlook that has multiple profiles / user accounts. It can appear due to causes such as OST file corruption, incorrect Outlook email account settings and incorrect mail profile. Usually users undergo a number of events while creating a new profile on their Outlook. During this process, any simple mistake in the settings will cause damage to the file and thus below listed error message gets displayed:
- “Unable to expand the folder. Microsoft office could not access the specified folder location”
- “Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. the server is not available”
Sometimes, these error messages can also occur when Folder Visible option is not set for second mailbox and when proper permissions to access the folder in the mailbox are not assigned.
How to fix Unable to expand folder error of OST File?
To fix such error messages in Outlook OST file, turn on ‘Folder Visible’ option for mailbox. Thinking how to turn on this option? Then follow these steps:
- On your system where mailbox resides, right click the Mailbox in folder list
- Click for properties on shortcut menu
- Next, on the permissions tab check the option Folder Visible
- And click Ok
If you are still facing same error with OST file, then try to use inbuilt repair utility Scanost.exe and repair OST file. Many a times, all types of errors associated with OST file can be fixed by running Scanost.exe. If this integrity tool is giving no results, then the only method to fix OST file error is to convert OST file to PST file using reliable third party utility.
Best solution to get rid of OST file error:
One of the most eminent ways of fixing OST file error: “unable to expand folder” is by utilizing Yodot OST to PST Converter tool to convert OST file to PST file. This tool genuinely fixes all issues related to Outlook OST file by converting it to PST file format, so that there won’t be any loss of emails and other attributes from your mail account. You can utilize this tool to fix damaged / corrupted OST files that are encrypted and password protected. The software can convert OST files associated to Microsoft Exchange versions 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 on all major Windows operating systems like Vista, XP, 7, etc.
Steps to convert error showing OST file to PST:
- Download Yodot Convert OST to PST application on your Windows system
- Install and launch the tool by following ongoing instructions
- In the main screen, you will find two options
- “Open OST File” – select this option if the location of OST file is known
- “Find OST File” – select this option if OST file location on system is unknown
- Next, select required destination location to save converted OST file
- By clicking on Convert, the software starts to convert and fix file errors
- After successful conversion, view the converted OST file in Outlook mailbox view
- Follow proper methods to share and create new profiles on Outlook OST
- While sharing Outlook folders, provide reliable commands without making unnecessary mistakes
- Prior to performing any changes to Outlook OST file, have sufficient knowledge on how to use the tool