Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Simple and easy to use Macintosh app designed to recover data from accidentally formatted Volumes, deleted or lost partitions. The simple Apple finder style display of data after recovery helps in locating and easy restoration of data.
How to Fix OST File Header?
“Hi, my Outlook OST file shows error like corrupt header and started acting weird. Whenever I try to open my mail account in Outlook, the program either stops or terminates saying OST file header is corrupt. So, all emails and other Outlook attributes from OST file are inaccessible now. I tried all possible ways to resolve this issue, but nothing worked. Is there any appropriate method to fix OST file header and to access the file contents without trouble? If any, then please help me by suggesting one.”
Microsoft Outlook is an amazing email client used on many desktops and laptops to manage mail accounts. Its amazing feature is that one can use his/her mail account in offline mode too i.e. even with the absence of internet. While using Outlook in offline mode, all mail attributes will be saved in .ost file format on system hard drive. But, many times using Outlook in offline mode will create number of troublesome situations wherein accessing OST file becomes the toughest job; one such situation is corruption of OST file header.
OST file header corrupt / damage:
Header is a vital part of any file as it holds all necessary information about that file and without this the file cannot be accessed or opened. Thus, if OST file header gets corrupt or damaged due to any of the reasons, then Outlook will refuse to open this file to show all mail attributes. OST file header can get corrupted in the following reasons:
- Forceful termination of Outlook when OST file is performing any data activity
- Incorrect synchronization of OST file and Exchange Server mailbox can even become the reason behind OST file header corruption
- Severe virus intrusion to Outlook OST file on system hard drive
In order to resolve Outlook OST file header corruption, one can make use of inbuilt integrity check tool i.e. Scanost.exe. Using this tool to repair Outlook OST file header is proven unsuccessful by many Outlook users; hence it is recommended to convert this header damaged OST file to healthy PST file using third party converter program.
Best converter program to convert header corrupted OST file to PST file:
According to data recovery experts, Yodot OST to PST Converter is the best program to convert corrupt OST file to PST by fixing all its errors. This utility can fix corrupt header of OST file by converting it to accessible PST file just in few clicks. This advanced repair and conversion tactics employed in developing this software easily resolves various issues of OST file by converting it to PST file. One can convert bad OST file to PST that shows various error messages like access is denied, OST file does not exist, cannot read OST file, invalid path specified for OST file and many more on Outlook. One can use this tool for converting OST files from MS Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 application versions. This tool can be utilized to resolve Outlook OST data file issues that are associated to Exchange Server of versions 5, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 on Windows computers.
Instructions to fix OST file header by converting it to PST file:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter software on your Windows system where header damaged OST file is saved
- Install and run the utility by following on-screen instructions
- Then in main screen, click on ‘Open OST File’ to open corrupt OST file from its location on system hard drive
- If you do not know exact location of OST file, the click ‘Find OST File’ and choose it by using Browse button
- After selecting required OST file whose header is corrupt, click next
- Software scans that OST file to fix all its issues and then extracts all file contents
- By clicking on Finish button, a screen gets displayed to store converted OST file
- Choose destination location to save outcome healthy PST file and click on Convert button
- Keep proper backup of Outlook OST file to avoid unexpected OST file corruption and header damage
- Do not interrupt during synchronization of Outlook OST file with Exchange Server mailbox