Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Retrieve Emails from Exchange Server 2010
Microsoft Outlook is supported by Microsoft Exchange Server in order to access Outlook data in offline mode. While using Outlook in offline mode, copy of the mail account data from Server will be saved in Offline Folder file called OST. This file will be saved with .ost extension on system hard drive. Outlook items like emails, calendar events, etc. of this OST file will get synchronized with Exchange Server mail account items when Outlook connects to the Exchange Server.
A mailbox on Exchange Server 2010 consists of three folders to save erased Outlook attributes; 1.Deleted Items folder, 2.Deletions and 3.Purges. As all know that, emails and other attributes of Outlook data file gets saved under Deleted Items folder whenever they are erased. If you remove any erased item from Deleted Items folder, it will be sent to Deletions folder present in Dumpster of Server 2010 mailbox. This folder is accessible by Outlook users in order to recover back any email that was accidentally deleted. Here the deleted Outlook data will stay for a period of 30-days by default before getting permanently removed from Outlook. If the deleted data is manually removed from Deletions folder before completion of 30-day period, then it will be sent to Purges folder, where the item will remain for rest of the 30-day retention period and gets permanently deleted.
Outlook users may face loss of emails from Exchange Server 2010 mailbox in following scenarios:
- Deleting emails using Shift-Del key combination will make that emails to bypass Deleted Items folder and to get saved in Deletions folder on Server mailbox, after which it gets permanently deleted
- Emails present in Deleted Items folder will be erased completely by emptying this folder, wherein these emails will get saved under Deletions folder on Server mailbox that is not known to many users to recover back
- Emails can even get deleted due to wrong selection while removing unwanted emails from inbox and by enabling Auto-Archive feature
Although when important emails are removed from Deleted Items folder, user can access Deletions folder on Server mailbox before the 30-day retention period to retrieve back particular emails. To do so, go to Deleted Items Folder or click on Folder option then select Recover Deleted Items button. Now, choose all the necessary emails to be retrieved and then click Recover selected items. If this option is not handy on your Outlook mailbox using Exchange Server 2010 or if you are unable to access emails on your Outlook due to other irregularities, then the only way is to use third party email recovery software.
The best way out to recover emails from Exchange Server 2010 mail account is to convert the OST file to PST using best converter program that retrieves all the lost and deleted emails by default. Among the best used OST to PST Conversion programs, Yodot OST to PST Converter is the best choice. This software can bring back each and every item from Outlook OST file on Microsoft Exchange Servers 2010, 2007, 2003, 5.5 and 5.0 on Windows PCs. The tool can even convert corrupted, oversized and password protected OST files created on various Microsoft Outlook versions (MS Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000) with extreme ease. To acquire complete knowledge about email recovery from Exchange Server 2010, employ the demo version of OST to PST Converter tool that is available for free of cost.
Procedural steps to recover Exchange Server 2010 mailbox emails:
- Download the converter program onto your Windows PC where OST file resides
- Install and run the utility by following given instructions
- In main screen click on Open OST file or Find OST file option to browse for required OST file
- After selecting necessary OST file from system hard drive click Next to trigger conversion process
- Then indicate the destination location to store output PST file and click on Convert button
- Now all your lost or erased emails will be listed under the resulted PST file in destination location
- Do not erase emails from Exchange Server mailbox until you are sure about its importance
- Avoid using Shift-Del keys to erase any Outlook email that will bypass from Deleted Items folder
- Do not erase or alter any item on Exchange Server before synchronizing updated Outlook OST file with Exchange Server