Fix Encrypted Word Files on Windows
Microsoft Word is an extremely useful and well known application specially used for writing notes, documents, thesis and other document files. These files are very easy to create and can be employed in both office and in home. Although Word file has its own data security, but there is a need to encrypt the Word DOCX/DOC files so that nobody can hack or misuse critical documents. However, even after taking the required precautionary measures, sometimes these encrypted Word file gets corrupt and cause many hardship to its users.
For example consider a scenario where you just finished your project thesis, on which you had been working from few months. Since the thesis contained much vital information you encrypted the Word file, so that no modification or changes can be made to it. You moved that encrypted Word file to your laptop in order to carry the document to your office. And when you tried opening the encrypted Word file on your laptop, it displayed a notification message which said like; the Word file which you are trying to open is corrupt. Since you moved that Word file, it is not present on your desktop computer. The project is due tomorrow, so now you are looking for a way to fix that encrypted Word file
Does this scenario sound familiar? Many Word users experience this sort of problems when trying to open their encrypted Word files. People often believe that once their encrypted Word file is corrupt or damaged it can never be repaired. Nevertheless the actual fact is that, there are several repair tools that can assist you in fixing encrypted Word documents. But before going through the repair procedure, let’s have a look at some of the other factors due to which your encrypted Word file gets corrupt
- Improper Termination of Word file: Improper or forceful termination of your Microsoft Word application while creating or accessing your documents results in Word file corruption
- CRC Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) is a technique which identifies whether or not the source file matches with the downloaded Word file. If there is any mismatch, then you get CRC error when you try to open the Word file, which indicates that the file is severely corrupt
- Error while Transferring Word file: Interruptions while moving or transferring Microsoft Word files from one storage device to another might damage the file resulting in corruption
- Header File Corruption: Word header file corruption due to severe malware or virus infection is also a reason behind Word file corruption
- Other Reasons: Other reasons for encrypted Word file corruption include bad sectors on hard drive, round tripping, recovery tool error, changing the file extension and lot more
How to Fix Encrypted Word File?
Yodot DOC Repair software works like a dream in such circumstances, this tool has been used and recommended by many industry experts to repair your encrypted Word file which is severely corrupted or unreadable. With the help of this utility, you can easily fix large sized encrypted Word file of both DOC and DOCX file extensions on Windows PC. This software has a very high success ratio and is compatible to run on all latest version of Windows operating system including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Sever 2008 and 2003.
Working of the Software
- Download the Yodot DOC Repair application and install the software to your Windows desktop / laptop computer
- Open the application and follow the main screen steps
- Make use of “Browse” button to locate your encrypted Word file which is to be repaired
- After selecting encrypted Word file, repair it by clicking on “Repair” button
- The application starts the Word file repair process
- After completion of Word file repair, the software allows you to preview the repaired encrypted Word file
- Finally browse for the destination location to save your repaired Word document
- Always save your important Word document before exiting MS Word application
- Don’t use any unreliable software to fix your encrypted Word file