How to Transfer Outlook Notes?
“I have created number of notes and tasks in my Outlook Profile which I want to export to my colleagues’ Outlook Profile. So I exported it manually and when it was imported into destination, Outlook didn’t show up anything. Instead it showed some error that said ‘Outlook cannot read imported content’. This is driving me crazy as my friend’s Profile is unreadable now. So, I neatly removed the imported notes and tasks and Outlook seems to work fine. Now, I want to know if there is any other way to export Outlook Notes and Tasks. Can anyone kindly help?”
‘Notes’ is a handy feature in Microsoft Outlook to keep note of important information just like ‘Sticky Notes’ on desktop. This is the best way one can safely save important data clearly visible without having to search for it if stored in any other document format. To create a new note in Outlook, click on Notes icon and select new -> Type the text and save it with any preferred name. One can see all notes in Outlook at single place i.e. under Notes section. Sometimes, Outlook users may need to transfer notes onto different mail account or to different system. In such case, they prefer to follow export and import method of moving Outlook Notes.
Conventional method of moving Notes or any other attributes from Outlook is risky and may trigger any of these situations:
- Damage to destination Outlook PST due to incorrect export of Notes from source Profile
- Abrupt termination of Outlook while importing Notes onto different Outlook Profile that may trigger corruption of imported data / entire PST file
- Messing up with export and import operation, which leads to Outlook malfunctioning or losing some useful data from its PST file
So, how would one easily transfer Outlook Notes from one Profile to another on different Outlook version or on different computer? No, need to worry about it as there are some online programs to move Outlook PST items between computers or different Outlook versions. Before choosing any of such software, make sure that selected program is free from malware and safe to use.
Best utility to export Outlook PST Notes:
As suggested by many users, Yodot Move Outlook PST is the right program to easily transfer Notes from Outlook PST between PCs or to higher version of Outlook. This program has label to conduct safe transfer of Outlook Notes and other mail items from PST file such as email folders, tasks, Rules, Signature, Alerts, Journals, etc. It is designed with simple user-interface so that it gets easy even for a novice user to move Outlook mail items to another PC. It is also useful during migration of Outlook from older version to newer version to shift entire Profile along with settings onto new Outlook application. This resourceful utility can support to move PST file items from / to Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 application versions. It is obsessive to work on computers with Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Procedural steps to move Outlook Notes:
Note: We suggest you close your Outlook application before running our Yodot Move Outlook PST software.
- Download and install the software on your computer where Outlook is installed
- Launch the tool and in main screen click on ‘Backup’ option
- Then, choose ‘Advance Backup’ option to export only Notes or other selective attributes from Outlook
- If you wish to move entire PST data, select ‘Smart Backup’ option and proceed next
- Save this backup file to a known location on computer drive
- If you are willing to move these Notes to higher version of Outlook on same computer, install the higher Office Outlook version and run the software again
- In case, if Notes have to be moved to different Profile on another system, transfer the backup file to that new computer and run the software on it
- After running the software, choose ‘Migrate’ option from main screen
- Then, specify the backup file that was previously taken from Outlook and complete the process or transfer
- Outlook will quickly configure the imported Notes in new Profile and opens it without any error
- Maintain backup of entire Outlook PST data before export / importing any attributes
- Follow manual method of exporting Outlook Notes only if you have sufficient knowledge on how to conduct the process