How to Fix Header Corruption in RAR File?
“Yesterday my system got abruptly shut down while extracting files from RAR archive. I didn’t bother much about it, but today when I tried to open RAR file I got an error message saying “WinRAR error the file header is corrupt”. I was unable to access any of its contents after encountering this error message. Data in that RAR file is important to me, since it has hundreds of journal pages, research papers, address book, etc. It is priceless and I don’t have time to recollect entire information again. Can anyone suggest something that helps me to resolve my problem?”
This is a kind of question asked again and again by lots of users across the World. If you are among them, you have faced similar issue then just relax!!! In this case, the RAR file header is header is damaged due to improper system termination. As RAR file is very sensitive to corruption, improper closure may have affected its header part leaving RAR file in incomplete state. However, to free you from such worries, many RAR file repair tools have been introduced into market. By employing a suitable repair tool you can successfully fix header corruption in RAR file.
In addition to system shutdown, there are several causes responsible for damage of RAR file header structure. Few of them are listed below:
- Virus or Malware Infections: Infection of RAR archive with harmful viruses is one main reason for the damage of RAR file header. It might take long time to open a small RAR file and working speed of the computer will reduce gradually
- Recovery Tool Error: Using inefficient file recovery tool or errors appeared while restoring deleted or lost RAR archive may damage its file structure including header component and lead to broken RAR file
- Using Third Party Application: If you use any unreliable third party application to edit the header of RAR file and lack of knowledge on how to edit RAR file header can lead to RAR file header corruption
- Incomplete Download: RAR file header part is affected when there is some interruption such as low internet connection or sudden power failure while downloading the RAR file from internet
Software to repair corrupt RAR file header
The above explained causes forbid you to access files that are compressed in RAR archive. However, using good RAR file repair software your task is made easier. Yodot RAR Repair is an authentic tool, which can be used in this scenario to fix errors in RAR file and to make it accessible again. It can repair RAR file of any size and irrespective of the cause of its corruption. This application will scan the hard drive or other storage drive in which RAR file has been saved and repairs it in quick span of time. By using Yodot RAR Repair tool, you will be able to fix RAR files that are password protected. This software supports all versions of RAR files on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.
Go through the procedure given below to repair header corruption in RAR file:
- Download the software and install it on your computer or laptop
- Run the application and follow the instructions given on the screen
- Click on “Browse” button to choose the corrupted RAR file
- Begin the repair process by hitting on “Repair” button
- The software now initiate the repair process
- You can now view the repair process on progress bar
- Once the repair process gets finished, the software displays all the files present in the RAR file
- Now click on “Next” button and at last save repaired files to the desired destination by making use of “Save” option
Tips to be followed:
- Avoid closing RAR file in improper way
- Make sure that you don’t download any RAR file when you have low internet connection
- Do not access files from RAR file when there is continuous power fluctuation
- Install any good antivirus software to remove viruses from RAR file and PC hard dive