How to Fix Incomplete RAR Files?
“Hi there, I have a problem with my RAR file that I recently downloaded from internet. When RAR file download process was almost completing, the network suddenly got disconnected, yet it showed that download is completed. Now, the RAR file is not opening at all on any WinRAR application and shows error that it cannot open incomplete RAR file. This folder has bunch of vital information, which I need to get back at any cost. Please suggest me the proper solution on how to extract the files from incomplete RAR archive.”
RAR is one of the commonest compression format used by various computer users for encrypting and safe transmission of set of files having similar kind of information. RAR file with .rar file extension can be created by compressing set of files using authorized compression tools like WinRAR, WinZip and so on. But, there are certain factors due to which RAR archives refuse to open when tried to extract its content on Windows computers.
Vital reasons for incomplete or partial RAR files are listed below:
- Improper download process: Interruptions while downloading RAR archive such as power surge on system, disconnection / fluctuations in network connectivity, etc. can leave RAR file in incomplete state
- CRC error: CRC encrypts the RAR file during transmission over network. If there are any changes to the file contents during transmission like addition of noise channels etc. then CRC error occurs making the RAR archive incomplete
- RAR file header corruption: Each RAR archive holds a header file that holds access information of all the files within that archive. If this header is corrupt then the RAR file turns incomplete due to inaccessibility
- Other reasons: Use of unauthorized compression tools to create or to decompress RAR files, abrupt termination of application while extracting .rar files, virus infection, etc. may even corrupt the RAR file and make it unreadable
In such situations RAR files become damaged that results to inaccessibility of files compressed in it. However, you need not worry about incomplete RAR file because there is way to fix incomplete RAR files and make it accessible again. The most recommended solution to resolve partial RAR archive is to repair the file using reliable RAR repair software. One such utility is Yodot RAR Repair which is the most powerful and efficient software to fix incomplete RAR files on Windows system.
How to resolve incomplete RAR file?
Yodot RAR Repair is suggested by many industry experts to get rid of corrupted, damaged as well as broken RAR files that fail to open. One can easily use this tool to extract files from incomplete RAR archive as the tool is built with highly advanced repair strategies to fix partial RAR files. The software is compatible to fix error showing RAR files on Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2008, 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. This RAR repair tool is capable of fixing RAR archives created on WinRAR application versions like 2.0, 2.90, 3.50, 3.80, WinRAR 4.00, etc.
Procedural steps for incomplete RAR file repair:
- Download Yodot RAR Repair utility on your Windows system that consists incomplete RAR file
- Launch the tool by logging in as Local administrator to install it on system
- In the first foremost screen, browse for the required RAR file using Browse button
- Then click on repair button to start the repair process
- Next window shows the progress of RAR file repair via status bar
- After completion of repair process, you can preview repaired RAR file and its content
- Next, select a destination location to save this repaired RAR archive
- Click on Save button and save the RAR file on your system
Keep an eye on these points:
- Avoid interruptions while uploading and downloading RAR files on internet
- Do not make of use erratic application to open / extract RAR archive
- Use reliable antivirus software to scan downloaded RAR files prior to extracting