Repair Corrupt RAR after Invalid RAR File Error
RAR is a file format that can be utilized for transferring large files and folders over the network by compressing them. Other than compression, it also provides many features such as encryption, splitting password protection etc. But sometimes when you try to extract the files from RAR file, it will display an error message like “Cannot open this file: it does not appear to be a valid file”. This happens because while downloading or copying files some of the important parts of the file get corrupted. In such condition, do not be under the impression that the file is gone forever and cannot be repaired. There exists lots of repair software by making use of which you can easily repair RAR file.
There are many reasons for the occurrence of such errors. Some of them are:
- Interruption like abrupt system shutdown or sudden power failure and CRC errors while downloading the RAR file leads to the corruption
- If the RAR file is infected with some infectious viruses then it is not possible to extract and read the contents of the RAR file
- RAR file may also become inaccessible due to Windows Registry corruption. Windows Registry might get corrupted due to user errors like improper installation of the application, virus attacks, or due to software malfunction
How to fix Invalid RAR file?
The invalid RAR file can be repaired easily with the help of Yodot RAR Repair software. This software has a wizard like interface, which contributes to minimize your efforts, by allowing you to follow only few steps. The software quickly repairs your RAR file and gives you the choice to save the repaired file at any desired location in the system. During the repair process, you will be provided with a list of all the items contained in the archive, from which you can choose those you need to repair. If you have any queries regarding its features and repair process, then you can download its free trial version.
Procedure to repair RAR file
- First of all download Yodot RAR Repair Software and install it to your computer
- Open the application in order to start the repair process
- Browse the corrupt RAR archive that you want to repair
- Wait till the scanning process ends and once the scanning process completes, a window will appear displaying successful repair message
- It even displays the structures of repaired RAR file
- Now, select the location in order to save the repaired file in a desired location
- Keep the backup of important files so that you can restore it if any errors occur
- Make use of any good antivirus software to scan and remove the virus
- Assign password to the RAR file which is important to you