How to Fix Password Protected RAR File?
RAR stands for Roshal Archive and it is a native format of WinRAR archiver. It is a non-documented archive file format that supports data compression, error recovery and file spanning. Similar to other archives RAR files are also data containers, they store one or more files in a compressed form. Compressing files is not only able to conserve hard disk space, but also protects your confidential data from being opened or read by unauthorized people. The RAR file provides multivolume archives, better compression of text, multimedia and also has special recovery records. You can protect RAR files by setting password and prevent accessing your confidential data from other users.
Data corruptions are becoming very common now-a-days, it may happen for any file types on storage medium. It might happen in your E-mails, documents and archive files like RAR, ZIP etc. The common way to protect your PC is by setting username and password. In the same way, you can protect your crucial data on RAR archive by setting password. However this files may get corrupted and make your valuable data inaccessible.
Some of the common reasons for corruption of password protected RAR files are given below:
- In some cases, the software that are used to decompress RAR archive may corrupt RAR file header due to which your unable to access password protected RAR files
- Improperly downloading the password protected RAR file due to the problem like sudden system shutdown, power failures or other interruption can cause its corruption
- The Cyclic Redundancy Check or CRC error can stop the extraction of contents from password protected RAR archive
- Insufficient memory while creating or extracting the password protected RAR files will lead to weird error and thus makes your data inaccessible
- Virus and malware attack on password protected RAR files will damage or corrupt data that are present in RAR archive
Corruption of RAR files is definitely a matter of concern for any person who has important data. If those files are password protected then it will be a most terrible situation to restore. But now-a-days these problems are not crucial for the users. Generally people provide password to their RAR files before sharing it on public network. But sometimes this password protected files may get corrupt and make you lose your essential data. At this situation you can repair your RAR files by using the essential Repair software.
Software to extract password protected RAR files
Password protected RAR files can be easily repaired by using Yodot RAR Repair tool. This application has an advanced built-in algorithm to repair your password protected RAR archives that are corrupted due to virus infection, CRC errors, download errors, unknown compression technique by using third party compression tool, power failure etc. Yodot RAR Repair is a read only tool that does not modify the original RAR file during repair process. This software not only repairs, but it also recovers inaccessible files and folders from password protected RAR files effectively. This tool smoothly repairs and recovers corrupted multimedia files stored in RAR archive that are damaged due to file extension error.
Procedure for using Yodot RAR Repair:
- Download and install Yodot RAR Repair in your Windows system/laptop
- Run the application and follow instruction given on the screen
- Click on the “Browse” button to select the corrupted RAR file
- Start the repair process by pressing “Repair “ option
- You can view the repair process on progress bar
- Once the repair process gets finished, the software will display all the files that are present in repaired RAR archive
- Click on the “Next” button and finally save the repaired files to desired destination location by using “Save” option
- Always update anti-virus on system to avoid virus or malware infection
- Conversion of files should be properly done otherwise file header will get corrupted
- Avoid modifying the file extension of any RAR files until it is necessary or required