How to Fix RAR File after Error 17540?
When large size of any file becomes an issue, file compression technology comes very handy. WinRAR app is one such commonly used file compression tool that minimizes the size of files and stores information in RAR container. Usually, people shares very large size files over network by archiving them in RAR file. You can compress hundreds of files in RAR format and store them in a small memory space. However, RAR archive is highly exposed to corruption and you may receive error 17540 when try to extract such corrupted RAR file.
Since you have come across such unknown crisis and experiencing problem in opening RAR archive with 17540 error code, you might be willing to know about reasons which are accountable for driving you around such accident. Let’s know the reasons for RAR file showing error messages before you head towards fixing f RAR file error 17540 on your Windows computer:
- RAR archive may become corrupt and throw error 17540 if it is saved on disk that is already affected with viruses and malwares
- You may encounter RAR format error 17540 if the download process was interrupted or RAR file is downloaded partially
- Changing RAR file format repeatedly could result in corrupted RAR file with error code 17540
- You may receive RAR format error with code 17540 if it’s header is corrupted due to improper compression, storage drive corruption and other issues
- Error in Windows registry, software conflicts, bad checksum etc are also countable facts for rendering corrupt RAR file with error 17540
About RAR file error repair tool
Yodot RAR Repair is the most convenient utility to fix RAR file that is inaccessible with error code 17540. It has built-in RAR file repair technology to automate repairing of corrupted, damaged or bad RAR archives that are not opening due to various issues. This RAR repair program is very easy to install and has simple GUI to facilitate users in fixing RAR file after CRC error, download error, disk error and other different errors that make RAR file inaccessible. This utility uses read only scanning methods to resolve RAR file errors on computers/laptops based on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems. You can employ this application to fix error 17540 in RAR files that are produced by all the latest versions of WinRAR utility.
Easy steps to use the software
- Download Yodot RAR Repair application to your Windows computer
- Execute the set up to install the software on your PC and then launch it
- On the main wizard you can see RAR file repair option
- Click on ‘Browse’ option to select the corrupted RAR file, which is showing error 17540
- Hit the "Repair" button to initiate RAR file error repair process
- As you get confirmation message about successful completion of error fixing RAR file, you can view complete description about repaired RAR file content
- Save fixed RAR file to the desired destination location on your computer
- Keep your valuable RAR files virus free by using any advanced anti-virus application
- While downloading RAR archives make sure there is proper internet connectivity to your system
- Use any trusted utility to extract RAR archives
- Do not forget to back up all important RAR archive