Fix RAR File Which Fails to Open
“Last week my friend gave me a collection of movies and some other important files in a folder which was in RAR file format; it was working fine all these days. But yesterday RAR file failed to open and worse is that I didn’t extract and copy its contents. I was told that the RAR file is corrupt and I won’t be able to open RAR file anymore. I can’t ask my friend for it because he already deleted the file. Can anyone help me in fixing this corrupt RAR file issue?”
RAR is a compression technique used to compress one or more files. The main benefit of compressing files in RAR archive format is that you can easily transfer these files over the internet and can also be used to split a huge file into several parts, which makes the file easier to download. However, these RAR file formats might get corrupt and deny access to its content many times. To overcome this "RAR file not opening" problem, you can take the aid of a RAR repair application to fix errors in RAR archive that refuses to open and make it accessible again.
Reasons for RAR File That Is Not Opening Are:
- Viruses like Trojan horse attack on the RAR file
- Changing file extension of the RAR file from one to another
- Downloading RAR file and trying to extract contents of the downloaded RAR files using third party utility
- CRC error which usually occurs due to broken RAR file download
- Power failure while extracting the RAR file
- Improper system termination while creating or transferring RAR file over the internet
- Bad sectors on computer hard disk or external drive where RAR files are stored
So, when your archive gets corrupted or damaged due to any of the above or alike reasons, then you may experience RAR file not opening issue.
Fix RAR File Not Opening Problem:
No matter what is the reason behind corruption, your RAR files can be fixed with an effective RAR repair utility as mentioned above. And, you can use one of the competent tool- Yodot RAR Repair to fix your RAR file that is not opening due to logical errors or damage. The tool has a very friendly user interface using which even a user of less computer knowledge can fix corrupt RAR file in just a few steps. The application rigorously scans the corrupt/damaged RAR file and extracts each and every file from it. More to this, you can repair password protected RAR file with this promising RAR repair tool. This software runs on all the latest versions of Windows OS including Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
So, download and install the free version of this ideal RAR repair software now, to fix your RAR file that refuses to open.
How to Repair RAR File That Is Not Opening?
Step 1: Launch Yodot RAR Repair software, select the RAR file that is not opening by using the Browse option and click on the Repair button.
Step 2: After completion of the RAR file repair process, the software shows all folders and files of the repaired RAR archive, verify it.
Step 3: At last, save the repaired RAR file to your desired destination location by clicking on the Save button.
- Avoid interruption while downloading the RAR file; use a good download manager
- Use powerful antivirus program to remove deadly viruses causing corruption to your RAR files
- Don’t use any third party application to extract your important RAR files