How to Repair RAR File on Windows 7?
Introduction to RAR files:Most of the users are aware about the data compression application that intended to save memory space on system or other storage devices. WinRAR is one such program that provides space saving method by archiving more number of files into a single container having .rar file extension. Other than reduction in file size, compressing files into a RAR container make it possible to transfer more number of files without any difficulties and within less time. You can also find it is easy to download the files which are in RAR archive file format.
Issues related to RAR files:
Compressing the files lessens the file’s size mean while you can keep password to such files thereby increasing security for your confidential files. But, certain situations might results in corruption of RAR files on Windows 7 system. The various reasons for damage of RAR files are as follows:
- RAR file header corruption: Harmful external threats like virus / malware /spyware become prey for corruption of RAR file header and make it unreadable
- Issues related to downloading RAR file: Downloading process of RAR files may sack away due to improper net connection or interruptions at end of the process by making RAR file inaccessible
- Improper compression method: Attempting improper way to archive large sized RAR files, interruptions or logical conflicts while compressing files into a RAR file might damage RAR file
- Other reasons: Some other issues like CRC error, unauthenticated tool used to compress set of files and abrupt system shutdown while accessing RAR file might result in corrupt RAR file
When the RAR file gets corrupt, then data compressed in RAR archive becomes inaccessible on Windows 7 system. In such instances, the RAR file even refuses to decompress archived files in it. You may also get error warning, if you try to access or extract files from such RAR file. Only reliable and efficient RAR file repair application like Yodot RAR Repair can fix invalid or damaged RAR files on Windows 7 computer.
Few points about Yodot RAR Repair software:
Yodot RAR Repair utility is used to repair corrupted RAR archive due to any of the previously discussed scenarios on Windows 7 OS. It can easily renovate the RAR file without modifying its original contents. The application mends RAR files created on various edition of WinRAR application such as WinRAR 2.00, WinRAR 2.90, WinRAR 3.50, WinRAR 3.70, WinRAR 3.80, WinRAR 3.90 and WinRAR 4.00. In addition, you can repair damaged RAR files on any storage devices such as hard drives, external hard drives, USB drives, etc on Windows 7 desktop/laptop.
Steps to repair damaged RAR archive on Windows 7:
- Download the Yodot RAR Repair utility and install it to your Windows 7 desktop or laptop
- After that setup the software and follow the simple onscreen guidelines
- Choose the corrupted RAR archive using “Browse” option and start the repair process by clicking on “Repair” button
- The application will begin to scan and fix the damaged RAR file
- After completing the RAR repair process, the program displays the list of files or folders of renovated RAR file
- At last click on “Save” button to store your RAR file on your desired location
- It is better to backup your essential RAR files on other storage devices
- Always use proper internet connection while downloading valuable RAR archives
- Try to install genuine anti-virus software to keep system free from harmful viruses