How to Recover Data from Corrupted RAR File?
RAR is a well known compressed file format that holds set of files in a folder with reduced file size. Compression of files is done in order to utilize space on hard drive and to easily transfer set of files securely over network. And RAR is one among the globally recognized compression techniques. WinRAR is the application used to create RAR files on Windows PC. This application makes use of standard compression techniques to compact set of files safely without damaging file contents. However, there are certain factors that lead to corruption of these RAR archives on Windows PC.
Consider a situation here that, you downloaded a paid RAR archive that included few important files related to your academic project. But later when you tried to extract files from that RAR archive on WinRAR, it displayed an error saying RAR archive is corrupt. This kind of unforeseen scenarios may panic users as the corrupted archive holds crucial files. There are various factors which can corrupt RAR files making it inaccessible.
Frequently seen instances in which RAR file gets corrupted:
- RAR Header damage: This is one of the most crucial factor that can severely corrupt RAR file, as header file consists of important information required to access that archive
- CRC Error: RAR files that are transferred over network can undergo unauthentic changes due to internet threats which cause changes in redundancy bits. This gives rise to CRC error making the RAR file corrupt
- Inappropriate download / transfer process: Occurrence of interruptions like disconnection of network, system shutdown due to power surge, forceful termination of system, etc. while downloading / uploading RAR file over network may result in corrupting the file
- Malware attack: Harmful viruses intrusion on the system hard drive or other storage devices in which RAR file is stored, may also result in corrupted RAR file
- Malfunctioning of WinRAR application: Many times, it is noticed that irregularities in the functioning of WinRAR tool can also corrupt RAR archive that is been tried to create / unrar on that tool
In case your important RAR file is corrupt due to any of these factors and refusing from being opened, then there is no need to worry. A good file repair utility can turn away the situation just in minutes.
Best utility to fix corrupted RAR archive and to extract files from it:
Yodot RAR Repair ais the most excellent software to recover files from corrupted RAR file with utmost ease. It safely repairs corrupted as well as damaged RAR archives using high-tech repair modules in fraction of minutes. Also, the tool can efficiently fix password protected, incompletely downloaded and virus infected RAR files on various Windows operating systems like Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2008.
Steps to retrieve files from corrupted RAR:
- Download Yodot RAR Repair software on to your Windows PC
- Install and run the utility by following provided guidelines
- Next, in the main screen click on Browse to choose your corrupted RAR file from system drive
- Then press repair button to trigger repair process
- Upcoming screen shows the progress of file repair process that takes few seconds to get completed
- Now, fixed RAR file contents will be displayed
- Click next to proceed with saving these recovered files to desired destination location
- While downloading RAR file from internet avoid unexpected interruptions
- Make your PC virus free by employing good anti-virus tool
- Keep backup copies of vital RAR archives to evade loss of files from it due to its corruption
- Always use updated WinRAR application to compress / decompress RAR files