How to Repair Checksum Error in RAR Archive
“I have downloaded a RAR file from internet and it got downloaded without any interruption; but when I clicked upon it to open, I got an error message that "invalid checksum". I don’t know what this indicates; I even tried downloading RAR file again, but got same error message. Please someone guide me how to get rid of this error message while opening my RAR file”.
One might get Checksum error at the time of extracting files from RAR archive. The Checksum on your Windows computer is utilized to scan files before they load on your OS. It is used to make sure that your files are able to open without damaging your computer. However, if the Checksum on your system does not work properly, then you will not be able to open software or specified file. The finest method to fix Checksum error is to run the Windows File Checker. Below are the steps that will explain you how to correct Checksum error and make your RAR file workable.
- First of all hit on the "Start" window button and then press on "All Programs."
- Click on "Accessories" option and then right-click on "Command Prompt"
- List of options are available now, click on "Run as Administrator" and then enter administrator password into the box. (You can even open Command Prompt Window by pressing “Windows + R” keys together and then entering “cmd” over the box provided
- Now type the command "sfc /scannow" into the Windows DOS command and press on "Enter" key
- Wait for your computer to replace Checksum files with the correct versions
This method will definitely work and you can extract entire data from RAR file. However if you are presented with same error message then it symbolize that internal structure of RAR file is corrupted. So to resolve this issue you need to opt for accurate RAR file repair software.
RAR Checksum repair tool:
If you want to remove Checksum error from RAR archive, then use Yodot RAR Repair software to fix it up. This software guides you to fix Checksum errors along with other errors such as unexpected end of errors, CRC errors, error while opening file, cannot open file as RAR archive, RAR error 17540, 42126 and so on. During the process of fixing Checksum error in RAR file, it does not write anything over the original file and takes only information from it to create new and accessible RAR archive. You can repair larger sized as well as password protected RAR files of various versions such as WinRAR 2.00, WinRAR 2.90, WinRAR 3.50, WinRAR 3.70, WinRAR 3.80, WinRAR 3.90, WinRAR 4.00, WinRAR 5.0, etc. This wonderful RAR file repair utility can be installed on all PCs/laptops that run with Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. Many users wonder how to trust the software without having any guarantee about it. Well, you need not think much about it you can use demo version of this RAR repair software fix RAR archive and at the same time view recovered files and folders from repaired RAR archive. If you are satisfied with obtained results, then you can go further and save the application on desired location.
Procedure to repair RAR Checksum Error:
- Download the software and install it to your Windows computer after installation run it to begin RAR repair
- Choose RAR file which you need to fix and click on “Repair” to fix RAR file
- You can now see the progress of RAR file repair on the screen
- Once the repair process gets completed you will be presented with a message indicating successful repair of RAR file
- View recovered items just by clicking on ‘Preview’ option and then save the repaired RAR file by using “Save” option
- See that there is no interruption while you are compressing files in RAR archive
- Keep backup of RAR file in separate storage media