Resolve RAR Error Source File Could Not Be Read
“Hi everyone, I lost access to my recently downloaded files from a RAR archive as it says, source file could not be read error. I don’t know what has caused this error with downloaded RAR archive. So can anyone please suggest me proper resolution to fix RAR source file could not be read error on my PC. Thanks in advance.”
RAR is an amazing archive format that holds any set of files with reduced file size after encoding them with AES encryption method. RAR archives can comprise set of individual files such as videos, audios, exe files, program files, etc. so that those set of files can be easily downloaded and secured from external threats. However, RAR archive may get corrupt in number of ways after which varieties of error message might pop up. One such error is “RAR Source file could not be read”.
Archive error “RAR source file could not be read”
The above mentioned error gets displayed when user tries to open a RAR archive on Windows system. Vital reasons behind this RAR error are:
- Incorrect installation of WinRAR application on system
- Wrong system confirmation settings
- RAR file infected by malicious threats
- Incomplete download of RAR archive from internet sites
- Incorrect method of compressing RAR archive can make its file header corrupt
- Unorthodox internet connection during download / transfer process
In all these scenarios, user might come across RAR error i.e. “rar.part could not be saved because the source file could not be read”, due to which RAR archive will not get extracted / opened. However, user can overcome this RAR error by following some handy methods like uninstall and reinstall of WinRAR tool, re-downloading the archive if possible, settings proper network connectivity in the system and by fixing the error by repairing the file with best RAR file repair utility.
One of the best approaches to fix RAR source file could not be read error is to use Yodot RAR Repair utility. This repair tool can easily resolve all errors of RAR archive that blocks RAR from being extracted. The software can even fix corrupted, inaccessible, multipart and strongly encrypted RAR archives without damaging any of the file contents just in clicks. This utility can be employed on Windows computers running with Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP operating systems.
Follow these steps to solve RAR source file error:
- Download the software on your Windows system in which RAR file resides
- Install the tool by logging in as Local administrator and run it
- In upcoming screen click on Browse button to choose required RAR archive to be repaired
- Then click on repair button to start with repair process
- Status bar gets displayed showing the progress of repair process
- After completion of repair process, preview the details of RAR file extracts
- Next, select a destination location on system drive to save this repaired RAR file and click on Save button
- While downloading RAR archives avoid errors and interruptions
- Maintain proper backup of important RAR archives to avoid data loss
- Get rid of dreadful viruses by making use of powerful antivirus on system