How to Fix Password Protected or Not Valid RAR File Error?
“I have received a RAR file via internet from my friend and I have downloaded it and saved on my computer. However, when I tried to open the RAR file, it generated a message that ‘the file was password protected or was not a valid rar file’. I asked my friend regarding the password and he said that he has not assigned password to it. He has sent me the RAR file again but this time too, it is displaying same message; someone kindly suggest me appropriate way.
It is a known fact that RAR archive is used to compress file size and reduce their size so that one can save hard drive space and also send many files at once over network. But sometimes as soon as you open a RAR file, you may get error message that the ‘file was password protected or was not a valid. Many times you will get this message in case RAR file is password protected. It can be manually solved by trying to open the file by entering assigned password. In case there is any corruption issue in RAR file, then you will be again prompted with the error message. One can try to remove the error message by using “Repair” option provided by RAR application. However, if “Repair” option fails, then it specifies that the RAR archive is severely corrupted.
Most common reason for generating password protected or invalid RAR file:
- Virus intrusion on RAR file may make it inaccessible thereby displaying error message that the files is password protected or invalid
- Interruptions at the time of downloading RAR archive from internet could leave that file in a corrupted state
- Closing RAR file using inappropriate way could convert healthy RAR file to damaged one
- Ignoring warning message and shutting down computer even though RAR file is open from background might sometimes lead to display invalid RAR file error message
Invalid RAR file repair software:
The best way to repair RAR file which displays file was password protected or was not a valid RAR file is using Yodot RAR Repair Tool. This application has only 5 steps which get completed quickly and the result will be displayed to you. It will show you the status of repaired RAR file based on the percentage and upon repairing; it will display number of files that have been recovered from corrupted RAR file. It will show retrieved files and folders separately, so that you can particularly view them. It can repair corrupt RAR file even from external devices such as USB drives, memory cards, external hard drives, memory sticks and so on. This software consumes very less space on your computer hard drive formatted with FAT, NTFS and ReFS file system. Moreover, you will be able to repair RAR file is which is damaged, showing error messages or encrypted using password on Windows platform.
Procedure to fix the file was password protected or was not a valid RAR file:
- Download Yodot RAR Repair software and install it to your Windows computer
- Install the software and run it to begin the repair process
- Browse for required RAR file and hit on “Repair” option
- Wait till the utility completes scanning process
- As soon as the scanning process gets completed, you will be displayed with the files restored from corrupted RAR file
- Preview required files and at last specify a location where you want to save fixed RAR archive
Points to Remember:
- Never try to download any RAR file when internet speed is very slow
- Make sure that you remember assigned password to RAR file as it will get corrupted if you enter wrong password too many times