Repair WinRAR File When It Stops Responding
“Yesterday I had downloaded a large sized compressed RAR file from internet after searching for several hours. While extracting large sized downloaded file with WinRAR application, it throws an error message “Not Responding” when it’s at about 98%. Really I don’t have so much time to search again on internet and download it again. So anyone please help me how to fix this error message that occurs while extracting the contents from downloaded RAR file? Thanks!!!”
This will be the most frustrating and annoying situation for any user. ‘WinRAR not responding’ error message indicates that WinRAR file is severely corrupted. But don’t panic this error of WinRAR file can be repaired by using the RAR repair tool. However, before knowing about repair tool let us see some of the other reasons for WinRAR file not responding.
RAR file shows not responding error in various scenarios as listed below:
- Download errors: There are many chances where RAR file may get corrupted due to some interruption while downloading WinRAR archive over internet. This will alter the RAR file by adding the extra bits into the channel due to which RAR file might show CRC errors and stops responding
- WinRAR application file: It is the most powerful tool used to compress and decompress files. If there are any errors in the working of this software, then while compressing or extracting the files it encounters an error and data becomes inaccessible
- Oversized WinRAR file: The maximum size of RAR file is 4GB. So, if the RAR file size crosses this limit, the RAR archive would become corrupt and thus you cannot extract the files from archive
- Changing extension of RAR file: Whenever you change the format or extension of RAR files, then these files might get corrupted and you cannot access them
You may come across many such situations that lead to corruption of WinRAR files and you may need to navigate for the best source that could fix your corrupt WinRAR file that are not responding. If you are wondering where to find such repair tool, then try Yodot RAR Repair software which is capable of repairing corrupt WinRAR files on Windows OS.
WinRAR repair software:
Yodot RAR Repair is an excellent WinRAR file repair tool which is used by many users for fixing WinRAR files that are not responding due to any problem on your Windows system. This application has an advanced built-in algorithm to repair your WinRAR archives that are corrupted due to virus infection, CRC errors, download errors, unknown compression technique by using third party compression tool, power failure etc. This software not only repairs, but it also recovers inaccessible files and folders from WinRAR archive s effectively. This RAR Repair is a read only tool that does not modify the original WinRAR file during repair process. This software has a user friendly interface and repairs RAR files in simple steps on Windows PC.
Procedure to repair not responding RAR files:
- Download and install Yodot RAR Repair in your Windows system/laptop
- Run the application and follow instruction given on the screen
- Click on the “Browse” button to select the corrupted WinRAR file
- Start the repair process by pressing “Repair” option
- You can view the repair process on progress bar
- Once the repair process gets finished, the software will display all the files that are present in repaired WinRAR archive
- Click on the “Next” button and finally save the repaired files to desired destination location by using “Save” button
- Conversion of files should be properly done otherwise the header of RAR file might get corrupted
- Always update your antivirus application to protect your WinRAR files that are stored on system from virus or malware infection