How to Repair Word Document XML Line 2 Column 0?
“I am using Microsoft Word 2007 in my Windows computer and today morning after finishing my work in Word file, I have saved it and exited. Soon after a minute I remembered that I should make some changes in it. So, I clicked on that Word file to open and edit it. However, instead of opening, it just displayed an error message that unspecified error Part: /word/document.xml, line 2. I don’t have any idea what this message indicates. It would be a great help for me if someone guides me the direction to overcome it”
Sometimes, Microsoft word cannot open the file which you have just saved a minute ago and displays an error message that error, Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: In case you are worried to sort out the error message that you get during Word file usage, then keep your all tensions away. This is actually a XML error which is a software bug. Fortunately you can fix the issue using built in method facilitated by Microsoft Office. Here is how:
- Right click on the Word file that you need to fix and then select “Rename” option
- Now change the extension from .docx to .zip file and right click on it to choose the option “Extract Files”
- When unzip screen displays, then just choose a safe location on your computer to put the unzipped file. Also make sure that the location you chosen is an empty directory
- Open Word file which you have converted to ZIP and click on “Word” folder. You will find a file named “document.xml”
- In notepad.exe search for TOC which is not in lower case and have numbers as well as underscore in it
- Next find for capital XE and look around it to ensure that it is still in TOC section
- Highlight the XML tag from the beginning till end and delete it
- Save the file and in original Word file which is ZIP file now, highlight all the files and directories and right click on it to archive
- Choose the ZIP format and create the archive with ZIP extension; Rename .zip to .docx and try to open it
The Word file should be able to open now. If you fail to open it, then it indicates that there is some issue in Word file which manual way failed to resolve. For this, you have to utilize reliable Word repair software to fix word document.xml line 2 column 0 issues without getting error message anymore.
Word file repair tool:
Yodot DOC Repair is the ultimate tool to fix Word document XML error on your Windows computer. This software is capable of repairing Word file which shows different errors due to corruption and stops you from accessing contents from it. Along with repairing, it will recover the attributes such as images, header, footer, hyperlinks, word art, tables and many more with the same format. It will assist you to fix Word file of any size and shows its preview so that you can check whether it has been properly repaired or not. In addition to this, one can utilize this software to fix Word DOC and DOCX file of any version namely Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and the latest 2016 on computer running with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows server 2003 and 2008 operating systems. You can use this software to fix Word found unreadable oontent error, Word cannot save due to file permission error, Word file association error, Word out of memory error, and other errors with .docx, and .doc files.
Instructions to remove XML error from Word file:
- At first, download Yodot DOC Repair software and install it to your Windows computer
- Once the download process is done, run it to begin the repair process
- Main screen appears with “Browse” and “Repair” option
- Browse for the corrupted Word file and start to repair it by just taping on “Repair” option
- Now repair process will be started and you can view its status in status bar
- Soon after the completion of repair process, you will be presented with a window where you can see the details of repaired Word file
- Preview repaired Word file to check about its quality
- Finally save fixed Word document to the desired location.
- Avoid Working on Word file when there is continuous power fluctuation
- Download proficient Antivirus software to remove bugs from your computer