Can I Move Outlook Tasks to New Computer?
“I am planning to move my Outlook Profile to another computer and I know how to export all the mails from Outlook. But is it possible to move even tasks to new computer. Is there any easy way to move Outlook mails and tasks from PST file to another computer? Please share your comments.”
Transferring Outlook data from one computer to another is an impossible task for most of the Outlook users. This is probably because, Outlook users lack complete knowledge on how to handle configure, transfer and handle Outlook on systems. Also, moving Outlook PST file and all its attributes to new PC / laptop involves set of processes, which can error out if not conducted in good manner.
‘Tasks’ is a To-Do List in Microsoft Outlook where user can list out all the tasks to be done at required date and time. This gets synched with Calendar soon after creating, so that when user visits Tasks or Calendar in Outlook, due tasks will be shown. Outlook users may create any number of tasks using Tasks feature in Outlook. So, while moving Outlook data from old system to new computer one may struggle to move Tasks and for such users, here is a solution.
Software to easily transfer Outlook Tasks to new system:
Yodot Move Outlook PST is a smart tool to easily transfer Tasks from Outlook PST onto another Outlook environment in new computer. This software involves smart options to transfer only selected attributes of Outlook onto new PC or laptop. So, you can just follow the instructions provided on screen to move Tasks, Calendar events, Mails, Rules, and other attributes of Outlook PST to successfully export. It also ensures safe and sound moving of complete Outlook Profile settings along with tasks and other attributes to new Outlook version like Office 365. One can employ this tool on Windows OS based PC, laptop or Tablet running with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 versions.
Follow these steps to move Outlook Tasks:
- Download and install Yodot Move Outlook PST program on old desktop / laptop
- After launching tool with the help of instructions, wait till main screen appears
- Now, click on ‘Backup’ option and select ‘Advance Backup’ to take backup of only Tasks from Outlook PST
- Save this backup file to a known location on computer drive
- Next, copy this backup file in to some external storage drive and connect it to new computer and transfer the backup file to desktop
- Then run Yodot Move Outlook utility on new computer and choose Migrate option from main screen
- Browse and select backup file from its location and simply click on Next button that will configure Tasks to Outlook
- Open Outlook to check whether transferred Tasks are present in it
Points to Remember:
- You should install and run the application on both old and new computers to achieve transfer of Tasks
- Migrating any other backup file from Outlook will not work, you have take backup of Outlook attributes using this Yodot program