Damaged RAR File Repair Tool
“I have transferred RAR file from external storage device to my computer. But when I tried to open it, it displays a message that RAR file is damaged. I have used “Cut” option while moving so doesn’t have its backup. I need it very badly. Can anyone tell me how I can repair damaged RAR file?
Don’t be that much scared!!!! It seems like a big problem but in reality it is just a small issue. You can repair RAR file that too instantly with the help of any good RAR file repair software. Before knowing the further details of repairing damaged RAR file, you need to know some common scenarios that may likely to damage your RAR file. These causes help you to be more careful when you use RAR file for next time. Some of the prominent causes for damage of RAR file are:
- Errors while Compressing RAR File: There are some users who prefer compressing several files in order to send it through internet. But while compressing, errors such as unexpected system shut down or power failure can make it damage, making it inaccessible
- Changing File Extension: Like many other file formats, RAR files can also be damaged if you change its file extension for any purpose. Hence changing file extension is another reason causing RAR files damage
- Download Interruption: The structure of RAR file can be easily damaged if any interruption takes place during the process of downloading. It happens if you use low quality internet connection
- Damage due to CRC Error: CRC error is the main reason behind the damage of RAR archive. This type of error arises while the rotating checksum of the entire RAR file does not match with each other before and after unzipping of the file from RAR
You may be familiar with WinRAR which is the shareware file archiver and data compression utility. This utility can be used to repair corrupt RAR archive especially when a recovery record exits. Here is the procedure to repair damaged RAR file using WinRAR utility.
- Click the RAR file that you want to extract in order to open it
- Now click on "Extract to" which you can see top of the Window
- After this another interface "Extract Path and Options" pops up. On the left side of the window you will find an option named “miscellaneous option”. Below which you can see two options. Just mark on "Keep Broken Files"
After this, WinRAR will extract your file successfully and the extracted file will not be corrupted and will work flawlessly. This method is the easiest way to fix damaged RAR files. But this way can only apply to CRC failed errors and you must have a recovery record of your damaged RAR files. So how to repair damaged RAR files if this method does not work? At this time, all you require is software application that can repair the damaged RAR files.
About RAR Repair software
An expert RAR repair tool like Yodot RAR Repair posses all required techniques and qualities to fix damaged RAR file because of any reason. It is also capable of fixing RAR file that is corrupted, broken, invalid, partial, etc on Windows OS. With the user friendly interface of this tool, any user can repair their damaged RAR archive in 3 to 4 simple steps. You can preview the contents of RAR file after repair process. Just download its trial version and start repairing RAR file on your own. With this RAR Repair tool, you can fix Checksum error in RAR, CRC failed error, error cannot open file as RAR archive, and other errors with WinRAR files easily.
Steps to repair damaged RAR file
- First of all download Yodot RAR Repair software and install it to your computer
- Run the software in your system by double clicking the icon
- Select damaged RAR file that you want to fix
- Begin the repair process by hitting on the “Repair” button
- View the progress of the repair process in the progress bar
- As the repair process ends, view the repaired RAR archive and its file contents
- Browse the desired location to save the repaired files by clicking the “Save” button
- Update your computer with latest Antivirus program to avoid RAR file getting damaged due to Virus attack
- Develop the habit of backing up important files in order avoid data loss in future
- Use software such as download management to avoid any kind of interruption during the downloading process