Resolve WinRAR File Not Recognized
“Hi, I downloaded a RAR file on my Windows computer and tried opening it in WinRAR. But WinRAR threw a message saying “RAR is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” Thus, I am not able to access archive file, can anyone suggest me how to fix when WinRAR is not recognized error is shown on opening an RAR file in Windows?”
RAR is an archive file format to hold compressed data with secure encoding. RAR files can thus be utilized when crucial data has to be transferred over network or when large number of files is to be saved in limited memory space. However, at certain point of time RAR files may show varieties of errors while its access. One such error is WinRAR is not recognized as an internal or external command, operation program or batch file.
Some possible causes that result to this WinRAR file error are listed here:
- Malfunctioning of WinRAR application due to missing of application related files from system drive will corrupt the RAR file that is tried to open in WinRAR
- Installation errors or incorrect installation of WinRAR can sometimes make the application to freeze / hang when RAR file is being opened in it
- Abrupt termination of WinRAR application and incorrect path on system hard drive can introduce error messages while accessing the RAR file in it
- Influence by deadly viruses can sometimes corrupt the functioning of WinRAR and thus corrupts the RAR file being opened in it
When WinRAR becomes erratic and shows error like WinRAR is not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file RAR file that is being opened in it gets corrupt and becomes inoperable. Such RAR archives cannot be extracted. But there is nothing to worry as inaccessible RAR files can be made accessible by fixing all its errors using reliable third party RAR Repair utility.
Significant tool to fix unrecognized WinRAR file:
As said above, Yodot RAR Repair is the excellent software to get rid of various errors of WinRAR files in Windows PC. It’s safe and secure repair process can easily fix RAR archives that are corrupt / damaged due to WinRAR is not recognized error. It has excellent algorithms to resolve errors like CRC error, Invalid RAR file, RAR filename too long, read error, not enough memory, no files to extract and many others. It can also repair multipart RAR files that are damaged / corrupted in vast scenarios. This cost-effective application is available to use on Windows Vista, 7, XP, 8, Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems without any trouble.
Steps to resolve erroneous WinRAR files:
- Download the software on your Windows computer where erroneous WinRAR file is saved
- Install the software and run it to get started with repair process
- In main screen search and select the RAR file that needs to be fixed with the help of BROWSE button
- Next click Repair button so that software scans the file to fix all its errors
- After scanning stops, view the repaired RAR file and then save it to desired destination location
- Do not terminate WinRAR application abruptly while extracting or compressing RAR files
- Follow correct procedure of WinRAR application to avoid unknown errors
- Keep regular backup of important RAR files before processing it