How to Fix No Archive Found Error in WinRAR?
“After downloading RAR file from email on to system hard drive, I tried to extract the contents from this archive. But to my surprise, WinRAR displayed that this archive is not found. I downloaded the archive again and tried to extract it, but still getting the same error. How to resolve this WinRAR error while opening a RAR archive; can anyone please let me know?”
This situation is quite annoying because user will be deprived from accessing information from RAR archive. While trying to extract contents from a RAR archive in WinRAR many error messages may collide in between blocking access to RAR file. One such error message is, “No archive found”.
When and Why No Archive Found Error occurs in WinRAR?
This particular error message gets displayed when user tries to extract contents from a RAR archive that is damaged or whose path is having bad sectors because of which WinRAR fails to recognize the archive. Presence of bad sectors at the location where RAR file is saved will make the hard drive not to read that file. Hence, trying to decompress such RAR archive will result into error like mentioned above. Apart from this, various reasons that corrupt RAR archive and cause this error are:
- Saving RAR archive on a shared network location
- Incomplete download of the archive
- WinRAR malfunctioning due to incorrect WinRAR installation or wrong Windows update on system
- Improper compression of RAR archive causing RAR file header corruption
- Potential virus intrusion to RAR file
Due to all these reasons if RAR gets damaged, then WinRAR might display no archive found or any other error message upon trying to extract its contents. However, WinRAR errors can be resolved sometimes just by reinstalling the application. But, if this doesn’t help then make use of good RAR repair program.
Free WinRAR Repair Software to Fix No Archive Found Error - Yodot RAR Repair:
Yodot RAR Repair is the amazing product to resolve WinRAR no archive found error on Windows system. This program can fix all types of RAR file errors like unexpected end of archive, selected file is not a RAR archive, RAR archive could not be decompressed entirely, file is no longer accessible, WinRAR file is either unknown or damaged and many other error messages. After successful repair process, it carefully extracts files from corrupted RAR archive and displays it for previewing. This user-friendly repair tool is compatible to work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems without any trouble.
Steps to repair no archive found error in WinRAR
- Download Yodot RAR Repair tool on Windows computer and install it
- Run the utility and in main screen click on browse button to select error showing WinRAR file
- After selecting RAR file to repair, hit ‘Repair’ button to start scanning process
- Let the software scan chosen RAR file to fix all its issues
- Once scanning completes, view the contents of repaired RAR file using ‘Preview’ option
- Lastly, save this archive along with its contents to a selected target location for further process
Things to Remember:
- Avoid saving RAR archive in a storage media that has bad sectors
- Make use of powerful antivirus tool to protect RAR archives from viruses
- Avoid any situation that may damage RAR archive