Fix Selected File is Not a RAR Archive Error
“Today morning I started to download a RAR file; but I paused downloading process due to internet breakage and later resumed it with proper internet connection. At last I downloaded complete RAR archive. But when I tried to open that RAR archive it displayed an error message stating “Selected file is not a RAR archive” on Windows system. That RAR file is very essential and expensive too; how can I fix this erroneous RAR archive?”
RAR is an archived file format used to compress single or multiple files such as documents, application files, music files, video files, image files and others. Generally these compressed files are used to save memory space on the system hard disk and to transfer large number of files easily. However, in some instances RAR archive refuses to open and throw errors as mentioned in above scenario.
RAR archive may exhibit “Selected file is not a RAR archive” error due to severe virus or suspicious malware attack on it. In some situations, sudden system shutdown while accessing RAR archive makes the file invalid and become reason for this error message. If you use incompatible or unauthorized third party apps to decompress RAR file, then it can also cause not an archive error by corrupting it.
It’s really annoying condition when you encounter selected file is not a RAR archive error while trying to access files from the RAR archive. Most of the users face this kind of errors in various situations. In case you face this error and got frustrated with the same, then irrespective of the reasons behind that error you can fix corrupted RAR archive with the help of an efficient RAR file repair tool.
Software to fix select file is not a RAR archive error:
Yodot RAR Repair application is among the best repair software to resolve “Selected file is not a RAR archive” error on Windows PC. The program performs rigorous scanning of the error showing RAR file and extracts all the files from it. The application also mends corrupt or inaccessible RAR files due to CRC error, WinRAR the archive is corrupt, invalid file error, unexpected end of archive and other errors successfully. You can even fix password locked and large RAR archive that get corrupted or damaged. It can also easily repair RAR file created on various versions of WinRAR such as WinRAR 2.00, WinRAR 2.90, WinRAR 3.50, WinRAR 3.70, WinRAR 3.80, WinRAR 3.90, WinRAR 4.00, and WinRAR 5.0. The software efficiently runs on all the latest Windows OS such as Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Steps to fix selected file is not a rar archive error:
- Download and install Yodot RAR Repair program to your system
- Open the application and follow the main screen instructions
- Make use of “Browse” option to select the erroneous RAR archive, which you would like to fix
- Initiate the repair process by clicking on the "Repair" button
- Now the software start scanning the inaccessible RAR file
- You can view the repair status in the progress bar
- After scan completion, the tool displays all the files present in that error showing RAR archive. Later click on “Next” button
- Save the fixed RAR files to desired location by using “Save” option
Point to be remembered:
- It is suggested to have proper internet connection while downloading RAR file
- Backup important RAR archives on external storage devices
- Do not extract RAR file with incompatible third party application
- Use an updated antivirus software to combat viruses