Recover and restore deleted photos lost from your digital camera memory card or the images from your Windows PC. The software can recover all popular image types including popular audio and video files.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
Recover Data from Seagate Backup Plus Portable Hard Drive
Hard disk drive is a main storage device on a computer, the amount of data stored in the computers gradually increases day by day. Whenever user faces shortage of space, they prefer portable storage device to store data on. Seagate is one popular band of portable hard drive and the best one being Seagate Backup Plus.
Seagate Backup Plus portable hard drives offer high storage capacity, speed and convenience. These devices can be used in both work and home; you can store all kinds of files like photos, movies, documents, games, software’s on these hard drives easily. These devices are widely used to backup important files and restore them when lost. Since users backup their important data in these Seagate Backup Plus portable hard drive. They are often under the impression that the data saved on this portable hard drive is secured and losing them is remote. But this is not true; even these devices encounter data loss at some point or the other.
Many times users lose their vital data from their Seagate Backup Plus portable hard drive due to the following situations:;
- Accidental Deletion: Human errors such as accidentally erasing a file or folder from the portable hard disk device
- Format: Formatting the Backup Plus portable HD or its specific partition when connected to the system drive by mistake or due to format error
- Virus Attack: Deadly malware or viruses infect the file system of the Seagate backup Plus portable hard drive leading to its corruption and data loss
- Mishandling the Device: Using the same portable device on different operating system or abruptly ejecting the device during file transfer or copying process
- Other Reasons: Hardware defects, Power failure, file system conversion, software error are some of the other reasons for data loss on Seagate Backup Plus Portable hard drive
Which Software to Use?
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software is a renowned data recovery application to retrieve data from portable hard disk drives. The tool has advanced built in algorithms to get back data from Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive even if the device is corrupt and failed. Other than portable hard disks, this utility is capable of restoring data from hard drives, FireWire Drives, USB drives, memory cards and iPods. It supports recovery of files from all Windows file system like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, exFAT and is compatible to run on Windows operating system namely Windows 2003, Windows server 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- First, attach the Seagate Backup Plus portable hard drive to your Windows computer
- Download the software and install it to your system
- Run the application and stick to the given procedures
- Select “Partition Recovery” or “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery” option to retrieve your data based on the data loss situation
- The application scans and displays all the logical, physical and external drives connected to the system
- Select the drive which represents the Seagate portable hard drive and click “Next”
- The application repeats the scanning process and displays all the recoverable data in two views
- Click on “Data Type” tab to view your recoverable files in hierarchical format or click on “file Type View” tab to view the files based on file extension format
- Switch between the two views and select the files you want to recover
- At last, save the rescued files to your desired location(not to the same Seagate portable hard drive)
Things to Remember
- Don’t remove your portable hard disk by force during file copying or transfer process
- Defragment your internal hard drive regularly to increase the performance of the system
- Make your important files as read only
- Avoid using your Seagate Backup Plus external hard disk after data loss