Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Cannot Open Outlook PST File Error?
“I have taken backup of Outlook PST file and imported that to my new computer. But the imported PST file is not opening and showing a message that ‘cannot open Outlook PST file error’. I have deleted original PST file from my old computer and sold it. Now, how can I resolve the issue and make Outlook PST file workable?”
In case you regularly use Microsoft Outlook to manage your emails, then you have probably come across the problem as detailed above. Microsoft Outlook PST file will work smoothly allowing you to access required contents from it. However, if any task carried on PST is halted or you applied wrong method to close Outlook PST file, then PST file fails to open and display ‘cannot open Outlook PST file’ error message. Apart from this error message, following error messages might also appear sometimes instead of getting access to the information stored in Outlook PST file:
- Outlook PST file is not found
- Invalid PST file
- Microsoft Outlook PST file is corrupted and cannot be opened
- Outlook has encountered error
- Unknown error occurred in Outlook
- PST could not be accessed
- Outlook was unable to complete the request
These error messages occur when there is any malfunction in Outlook. However, many times you will be presented with errors when Outlook is corrupted due to reasons such as power outage, virus infection, forceful computer shut down, improper Outlook exit, file transfer interruptions and so on. Although Inbox Repair Tool assist users to fix Outlook PST file errors, you will still find PST file in corrupted state when Outlook PST file reaches the level of corruption which is beyond Inbox Repair Tool capacity. Therefore in order to fix Outlook PST file issues, you have to rely on secured Outlook PST file repair software.
Outlook PST files error repair software:
To get your job done in a healthy way, use Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. The way this software works will make you surprise as it contains only few simple repair steps that get completed within few minutes and a healthy PST file will be presented to you, so that you can import it and reuse to manage your daily work. This application creates new Outlook PST file and then copies all the data such as emails, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks, RSS feeds and so on to the newly created PST file. You can employ this software to fix Outlook data file error in all the versions namely Microsoft Outlook 2000, 20003, 2007 and 2010. It guarantees safe repair of Outlook PST as well as OST file and fixes errors which Outlook Inbox Repair Tool fails to identify. Moreover, you can even use this tool to repair Outlook PST file which is encrypted or password protected for security reasons.
Steps for resolving cannot open Outlook PST file error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install it to your Windows computer
- As soon as this software is successfully installed, run it and begin repair of corrupted PST file
- Main screen shows three options which are “Open PST File” “Run PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”
- Select anyone option with respect to your need
- Specify the location where you need to save repaired PST file
- Select anyone scanning method and then hit on “Repair” to start the repair process
- Once the scanning is done, you will get a message about successful repair of Outlook PST file
- Preview recovered items from fixed Outlook PST file and then go to the location where you have saved Outlook PST file
Tips for Future:
- Never delete original PST file soon after taking backup; first check whether the PST file have successfully transferred to the storage location
- Always scan your computer with antivirus software after you have downloaded any file from external source