Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Resolve Error Outlook Data File PST Cannot Be Found
“I am trying to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2003 (which I have never used on my Windows 7 PC, although I use Office 2003). I set up Outlook and my email account details and Outlook's test message was received successfully (by Windows Live Mail). But then when I tried to start Outlook, I got this error message: Microsoft Office Outlook unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel. I tried this but the only options open to me were modifying the mail settings I'd just set or Change settings for the files Outlook uses to store e-mail messages and documents. When I tried this by clicking the Data files button there was no PST file listed. Help! I can't import or restore a PST file.”
From the well known forum, we listed a scenario which might make you think that there are certain factors that cause some or the other errors in Microsoft Outlook application as a result of which it becomes inaccessible. Well! There is no need to worry! Your Outlook.pst file not found error can be handled easily with the use of Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility. Mentioned below are some scenarios that cause error Outlook PST file cannot be found on Windows operating system.
- Bad Sectors: As we keep installing and uninstalling many third party applications in the system, there will be an increase in the number of bad sectors on the hard drive. These bad sectors can prove to be harmful as they can lead to Outlook.PST cannot be found error in Microsoft Outlook utility
- Synchronization Error: Synchronization process is a boon for all system users as within a click on button entire data between two storage devices gets updated without any worries. In Outlook application, automatic synchronization process takes place and any error during sync process can lead to Outlook.PST file cannot be found error
- Oversized PST File: As you know size matters everywhere and when it comes to PST file, its nothing less. The size of the PST file is fixed on given Outlook applications and if the size goes beyond its limit, then there is a problem knocking at the door. If not checked then you may be facing an error known as PST file cannot be found error which can give you some serious headaches
User must be cautious when Microsoft Outlook PST file shows PST could not be found error. This is an important issue as user won’t be able to access PST file or the mails that were present in the respective account. What can be done is the question that comes to your mind and the best suggested thing would be to make use of Yodot Outlook PST Repair program that can fix the issue without any troubles.
Fixing error Outlook.PST file cannot be found:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair program is what that is needed for you to repair Microsoft Outlook PST file after Outlook data file PST cannot be found error. Therefore without delaying, make use of Outlook PST repair tool and access data stored in relevant Outlook account or the respective PST file. Made with most well known repair techniques that promise to get rid of error and give you a flawless performance. You can use Outlook repair tool to fix PST file from Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. Also it can fix OST file created using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions that generate OST file cannot be found error in your Windows computer.
Get to know the simple steps on how to fix PST file after:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair application in the system by logging in as local system administrator
- Upon completion of installation process, user can view shortcut icon on desktop
- Launch the program with help of shortcut icon and then proceed to main screen where list of options will be displayed
- Click on Open PST File if you know location where PST file is saved
- If you don’t know storage location of PST file then click on Find PST File
- If you need to change the account and select PST file from different profile, click on Select Outlook Profile option
- After selecting one of the options, you are taken to next screen where you can select PST file and then hit on Next button
- Now, in next window select Normal Scan or Smart Scan option as desired by user
- After selecting Scan type, find the destination location where the repaired PST file can be saved and then click on Next button
- As soon as repair process gets completed, you can view the list of data that was present in the Microsoft Outlook PST file
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Keep an updated antivirus protection installed in the system
- Maintain backup of important PST file in separate external hard drive
- Always keep your Microsoft Outlook tool updated