Ever deleted any of your beloved videos from Mac computer by mistake or due to external threats? Don’t worry!! If you want to know about how to recover deleted videos from Mac back, then read this page to know brief description.
Videos are most essential assets in any one’s life and deleting them from Mac system becomes annoying situation. However, deleted video file recovery is possible because these videos are not gone permanently soon after deleting them from Mac system. In reality removal of video files just frees up its space for new files, whereas the deleted videos still remain on the Mac hard disk. In case these deleted videos are not overwritten by any new data, then there are high possibilities of retrieving them back. Therefore, you should immediately stop using your Macintosh machine after such data loss. Before that let us consider some reasons for deletion of videos from Mac system as given below:
- Accidentally deleting videos on Mac system using “Command + Shift + Delete” key combination
- Emptying Mac Trash without checking its items
- Antivirus software may remove virus infected video files while performing system scanning
- Mistakenly formatting the Mac volume containing your favorite videos will cause removal of all videos saved in it
- Video files are also deleted, if your Mac hard drive contains bad sectors
Your treasured videos on Mac system might get deleted due to any of above mentioned reasons, but you can bring back those video files from backup. In the absence of backup, you can restore deleted videos using any media file recovery software like Yodot Mac Photo Recovery.
Deleted video file recovery software for Mac:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery is very perfect media file recovery software, which can easily obtain back all deleted videos files on Mac system. The software supports retrieval of different video file formats like MOV, MP4, MPEG, 3G2, AVI, MPG, 3GP etc. This utility is capable of restoring music files (MP4, MP3, AIFF, AIF, MIDI, AMR, M4b, WAV, etc), photo files (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PSD, TIF, TIFF, WEBP, IMG etc) and many other files on Macintosh machine. You can even get back delete or lost videos from external hard disks, pen drive, memory cards, iPods and other storage devices. This application is compatible with all versions of Mac OS X operating systems like Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion operating systems.
Steps to get back deleted video on Mac:
- Download Yodot Mac Photo Recovery application and install to your Macintosh machine
- Run the software and follow the on screen steps
- Use “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to retrieve your deleted video files back
- Now you will find all the volumes present in your Mac computer
- Select the Mac volume from where videos are to be rescued
- The program scans the selected drive and displays list of deleted files
- Choose the desired video files from the list, which you want to bring back and click on "Next" button
- View the retrievable videos in two views, click on “Data View” button to display your video files in hierarchical format or select “File Type View” button to show your deleted video files based on specific file format
- At last, browse for the destination location on Mac system to save your regained videos. You can even save recovered videos on portable hard disk,pen drives and optical storage devices like CDs and DVDs
- Do not save recovered video files to same Mac volume from where you have retrieved them
- Backup your desired videos on more then one storage device like pen drives, memory cards, etc
- Avoid accidentally deleting videos and emptying Mac Trash without checking its contents