Resolve CRC Failed Error in WinRAR
“MY friend has compressed many files using WinRAR application and sent it to me via internet. When I gave command to download the file, my system got shut down due to power failure. As soon as power resumed, I started to download the file again ad this time it got downloaded successfully. However, when I try to extract files from it, I got an error message that ‘CRC failed’. I don’t know what this error indicates but I would be grateful if someone helps me to resolve it from RAR archive. Thanks in advance”
WinRAR is an application that assists you to extract compressed files. The best benefit of using this application is that it will help you to reduce file size, so that you can sent it over internet or save on your hard drive without consuming more space. However, sometimes you may be presented with “CRC failed” error message while trying to extract files from it. A CRC error message displays when unwanted bits gets introduced to the data. Actually, when you download any RAR file, it is compared with the original CRC data and if the information does not match, WinRAR will produce error messages. At the same time, WinRAR displays CRC error message if you repeatedly enter wrong password to decrypt encrypted RAR file. WinRAR has manual function that allows you to bypass CRC errors. Refer below instructions to eliminate CRC error from RAR archive.
- Visit the location where you have saved RAR file
- Right click on RAR archive and select “Extract Files” option from it
- RAR application will now display a Window with many option
- Under "Miscellaneous," option put a check mark by "Keep Broken Files."
The RAR files will now save to the folder that you specify. But many times the issue will not be solved if the WinRAR is severely damaged. Hence, if the damaged RAR file is very important, download promising RAR repair software to fix damaged RAR file.
WinRAR CRC failed error repair software:
Yodot RAR Repair software can be considered as the best tool to fix RAR file which shows CRC failed error and repair RAR file that is not opening. It will smoothly repair and recover contents stored in RAR file without damaging it further. It will allow you to guide the progress of repair by just glancing over the status bar. Once the repair process gets completed, it will clearly display the folders and files recovered from RAR file along with its original name. As the software works in read only mode, it will not alter original structure of RAR file and retains it even after file repair is completed. Also, it will facilitate users to save repaired RAR file in a destination that you specify. Download demo version of the software to learn how to extract RAR by ignoring CRC errors on Windows systems running with Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to remove CRC failed error:
- Download Yodot RAR Repair software and install it to your Windows system
- Soon after installation, run it to begin the repair process
- Main screen asks you to select for corrupted WinRAR file
- Select WinRAR file by just clicking on “Browse” option
- Upon selecting RAR file the application starts scanning and you can see the progress in status bar
- As soon as the scanning process is done, you will be able to see recovered items from repaired RAR file
- Select safe destination to save repaired WinRAR file
- If you have encrypted WinRAR file, then type the password carefully and make sure that caps lock is turned off
- Never download WinRAR file when internet connectivity is very slow