Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix PST File after Compacting
“My Outlook used to freeze frequently whenever I work or access emails from it. I have heard that it is a result of increase in PST file size. So I have decided to compact Outlook PST file to reduce its file size. But I am not able to access emails from my Outlook since the day I have compacted it. I get an error message that “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error”. I don’t know how to get rid of this error. Anyone has suggestions that could help me to get out of the problem”
Well, if you have visited this page, then definitely you will get solution for your problem. However, this issue is particularly common if you close Microsoft Outlook while emails are being compacted. When you try to close Microsoft Outlook, you will get a warning message on your screen alerting you not to close while it is compacting. But in case if you avoid such message, then your PST file can get corrupt and denies its access to you. However, you are very lucky because you can repair Outlook PST file with the help of Outlook Repair software. Prior to repairing PST file, let us have glance over the advantage and disadvantage of compacting MS Outlook PST file.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Go to "File" and "Data File Management"
- Select "Personal Folders" and click "Settings". The personal folders dialog box opens
- Press the "Compact Now" button
- Click "OK" when done
- Errors have been detected in Outlook.PST file. Quit all mail-enabled applications and run Inbox Repair Tool
When you compact your PST file you will not only free up space on your computer, but it will also decrease unused space within the file. The space on Outlook PST file will be still in use even after you delete emails from it. Compacting PST file will clear up the unused space and bring the file to its appropriate size.
But as said before you should be careful while compacting PST file. In case the size of the PST file is very large, then it may take some time and you should wait till the compaction process gets completed. However PST file is likely to get corrupted and refuse to open when you cancel the compaction process in between. At that moment, instead of regretting you should find out a way to solve your issue and access your Outlook data again. One of best approach to fix PST file compacting is to use a best Outlook Repair software.
Fixing PST file after Compaction
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the comprehensive PST repair software which has been used by many professionals to repair Outlook PST file corrupted after compaction or any other cause. This software has interactive user interface that provides simple steps to mend PST file without seeking any assistance. It gives two scanning options which help you to repair PST file with respect to the level of corruption. In the event when you don’t know the exact location of Outlook PST file on your computer, then application provides you an option to search it. After repairing PST file, it restores emails, contacts, calendar entries, tasks and Outlook attributes on your Windows system.
Steps to repair Outlook PST file after compact operation
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software by using the option provided above
- After installation, launch the software and follow the instructions displayed on the screen. Select from the three options
- Open PST File: Select this option if you know where your PST file is stored
- Find PST File: Select this option if you want to search the location of the PST file in a particular drive
- Select Outlook Profile: Select this option if you want to select any particular Outlook profile to repair its PST file
- Make your selection and then press “Next” to go further
- Select any one out of the scan option according to the level of PST file corruption and then click on “Repair” option
- The application now starts to repair PST file and soon after the completion of repair process, it will display recovered items from repaired PST file in a Outlook styled menu
- Do not close Microsoft Outlook when the compaction process is going on
- Keep the backup of PST file before you try to compact it