Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Outlook 2010 PST File after Upgrade
“I just upgraded my Microsoft Outlook from 2007 to 2010 version, but when I tried to open my Microsoft Outlook 2010 it says "preparing for first use”. It takes about few minutes and then says “processing”; later program hangs and never opens. I’ve already tried cancelling and restarting the application but see nothing new. My Outlook 2007 did worked fine prior to upgrading it to recent MS Outlook 2010. I don’t know the reason behind this. Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.”
Relax, many users face similar problem after upgrading Outlook on their system from older to newer version. After upgrading, users may receive error warnings upon trying to open Outlook PST file, which probably hangs making PST file content inaccessible. PST file certainly hangs and doesn’t open after up-gradation may be due to wrong procedure followed to upgrade or lack of knowledge on how to upgrade Outlook from older to newer version. It can also happen when there are any compatibility issues with the latest version of PST file with present operating system or other applications installed on your PC.
Apart from the Outlook upgrade, Microsoft Outlook 2010 PST file generally hangs or freezes when PST file gets corrupted or damaged due to any reasons as listed below:
- If Outlook is being used by any other process
- When PST file exceeds fixed file size limit
- Corruption of Outlook PST file header
- Third party software like antivirus conflicting with Outlook
- If Outlook doesn’t have the latest updates
- Virus infection on your Outlook PST file
- Improper termination or power failure while using PST file
You cannot open your Outlook account and access its emails or other data when Outlook 2010 PST file hangs. However, you need not get disappointed! Problems with Outlook 2010 PST file can be resolved by following some useful tips as listed below:
- Reinstall Microsoft Office 2010 suite
- Download and install the latest updates
- Make sure your Outlook is not in use by any other process
- Check and see if your mailbox is oversized
- Repair your PST file using inbox repair tool
- Create new user profile
- Check to see whether your antivirus or other programs is conflicting with Outlook
The above listed methods should solve your issues with Outlook 2010 PST file. But if Outlook 2010 PST file is corrupted after upgrade, then it is suggested to repair using Outlook 2010 PST file repair software and fix errors in PST file. In this regard, Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool is considered as the best PST file repair software that is capable of repairing PST file after any sort of corruption.
Fix corrupt Outlook 2010 PST file after up-grade:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair can mend 2010 PST file that is severely corrupted, damaged or broken after any unexpected reason on Windows system. It is a read-only PST repair tool that won’t cause any harm to the source PST file during the repair process. It creates new PST file and provides a preview of repaired PST file contents. Other than repairing corrupt PST file, you can also utilize this tool to retrieve deleted or lost emails, contacts, calendars, journals and other Outlook items from PST file. It is easy to fix Outlook 2010 PST file that hangs after upgrade using this tool and gain access to your Outlook profile again. It supports repair of PST files created using Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002 and 2000 versions on Windows OS.
Directions to use the software
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install the software to your computer or laptop
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair and install the software to your Windows computer
- Run the application and start the repair process
- You’ll find three options from the main screen
- Use “Open PST File” option to choose for your corrupt PST file, if you know the exact location or
- Use “Find PST File” option to search for your corrupt PST file or
- Utilize “Select Outlook Profile” option to select the PST file, if you have multiple user accounts
- Select the appropriate scanning technique
- Browse for the destination location and click on “Repair” button to start the repair process
- After repair completion, you will be able to view the repaired Outlook mails and other elements
- Terminate your Outlook 2010 application before repair process
- It is highly recommended to backup your PST file before up-gradation process
- Don’t share your PST file on shared computer network