Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair Outlook PST Not Opening in Windows 10?
“After upgrading my Windows OS to Windows 10, Outlook stops working every time I open it. I even reinstalled the Office suite to try my luck, but nothing worked. Outlook opens and shows none of the Profiles. Can anyone please tell me what should be done to fix Outlook that is not working on Windows 10 computer?”
Upgrading Windows OS on a system to latest version Windows 10 has induced many troubles, among which Outlook issue is one. MS Outlook may sometimes stop working on Windows 10 system and thus one have to lose vital information from it. This might be because of errors during Windows 10 upgrade process that have influence on applications like Microsoft Outlook working on system. Apart from Windows 10 upgrade errors, other possibilities where Outlook stops working are listed below:
- When OS is upgraded to Windows 10 on computer all Microsoft Office applications should be updated to latest updates to make it working on Windows 10 system. If MS Office is not updated then it may affect the working functionality of Outlook
- Incorrect installation of Outlook application or missing of any application related or system related files on hard drive
- Abrupt termination of Windows 10 system when Outlook is still running in background can affect the application
In these situations, Outlook may become unresponsive by not showing mail account data. But, nothing to worry much by thinking about proper fix when Outlook is not working in Windows 10. There is a solution; run ChkDsk that will resolve all system errors and makes Outlook to work in normal condition again. However, if the problem puts on PST file corruption in Windows 10, then this file needs to be repaired to get back mail data.
How to fix Outlook PST on Windows 10?
In order to repair PST file on Windows 10, you can always go for built-in functionality Scanpst.exe developed exclusively for resolving issues with Outlook PST file by Microsoft. The location of Scanpst.exe in Windows 10 system hard drive depends on the version of Outlook being used. By default, ScanPST on a 32-bit Windows system will be located at “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX” whereas on a 64-bit Windows system it is located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX”. Here value for OfficeXX changes according to Outlook versions as given below:
For Outlook 2016 -> OfficeXX = Office16
For Outlook 2013 -> OfficeXX = Office15
For Outlook 2010 -> OfficeXX = Office14
For Outlook 2007 -> OfficeXX = Office12
But, if ScanPST is unable to fix issues with PST file that stops Outlook from working on Windows 10, then final option is to go for reliable third party tool.
Windows 10 Outlook PST repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the right software to fix error displaying PST files on Windows 10 system. Apart from Windows 10, it can fix Outlook PST file in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems. Its robust scanning technique can easily resolve errors with PST file such as unable to find PST file, set of folders cannot be opened, PST file cannot be accessed, do not have permissions to open PST file, PST is not an Outlook data file, Outlook.pst file doesn’t exist and many more. This tool is capable of fixing PST as well as OST files from that are damaged in Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 application versions. After successful repair process, this software can extract even deleted mail items like emails, tasks, contacts, signature, personal folders, etc. with no effort.
Steps to mend Outlook 2007 PST file on Windows 7:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on to your Windows 10 system
- Install and launch the tool by following given instructions
- Main screen comes up with three options, ‘Open PST’, ‘Find PST’ and ‘Select Outlook Profile’
- Click on appropriate option to search for corrupt PST file that isn’t working in Windows 10
- Then click on ‘Find’ button to select your required PST file from system hard drive and click Next
- Mention the mode of scanning between Normal scan and Smart scan options
- Then define destination location to save repaired PST file after completion of scanning process
- Hit ‘Repair’ button to trigger scanning, which will be visible through Status Bar
- Selected PST file will be scanned and all its attributes will be extracted to new healthy PST file
- Now view this new PST file in Outlook styled interface and purchase the software to save this fixed Outlook PST file
Things to Remember:
- When you upgrade OS to Windows 10, make sure to update Outlook application to avoid any issues
- Also while export and importing PST file to Outlook in Windows 10 follow proper method