Whatever the device may be, we use SD cards on many electronic devices from mobile phones, laptops, cameras, tablets, etc.. to store and cherish unforgettable moments forever. But due to some unavoidable situations, the videos on the SD card will get deleted or lost and leaving us frustrated. Below the user on a forum has faced a similar issue. Let’s see that in detail in the next section.
Source: android central forums
So my…… thought that I backed my pics and vids up on my computer (turns out that I didn’t). I realized that some were saved internal and some on sd card. So I moved them. For some reason about 140 pictures and 13 vids did not transfer and just say 0mb. Any way to recover these? Thanks.
Above the user on the forum has faced accidental deletion of his videos from the SD card. The Videos on the SD card may be deleted because of various reasons. Given below are the possible causes of the SD card video deletion.
Reasons Behind Video Deletion:
Accidental Deletion – Accidentally deleting videos from SD cards is one of the main reasons for video file deletion. If your SD card is connected to the computer, you can recover it through the recycle bin.
Improper Removal – Ejecting/removing the SD card abruptly or interrupting when transferring videos from the SD card to the computer/vice versa may result in video file deletion from the SD card.
Malware Attack – Malware attack on SD card leads to file system corruption and sometimes virus deletes infected video files from SD card. Usually, viruses infect SD cards while transferring files using Bluetooth feature or when you transfer videos to SD cards that are downloaded from the internet.
Wrong Usage – Frequently removing your SD card and using the same card on different electronic gadgets or operating systems can lead to video file deletion.
These are the possible causes of video file deletion on the SD card. Below I have given you guys a well-researched approach for sd card video recovery. Follow the effective methods below to get back your deleted videos from your SD card.
How to Retrieve Deleted Videos From the SD Card?
With the help of the Yodot Photo Recovery tool, you can recover deleted videos from the SD card easily. This tool works on a block-by-block scanning technology in which your SD card will be scanned quickly without utilizing more system resources. And further, the tool stores the recovered videos on a different drive rather than from where the video files are recovered.
Method 1: Recover Lost Videos on SD Card with the Yodot Photo Recovery tool
Steps to Recover Deleted Footage From the SD Card:
- Download Yodot Photo Recovery software and install it on your PC to recover deleted videos on your sd card.
- Connect the SD card to the system and select Deleted Photo Recovery from the main screen.
- The tool displays the available drive, Select the SD card and click on Next to retrieve videos from the sd card.
- From the next screen, select the Skip option to start the scanning process.
- The program scans for all file types and displays the results in Data View and File Type View.
- Double-click on the file to Preview
- Select the photo which you were looking for and save it using the Save option by browsing a location on the computer other than the scanned drive.
Method 2: Retrieve from Recycle Bin/Trash
If you connected your SD card to the Windows or Mac system and if the video files got deleted from there. Then you can recover deleted videos from the SD card by the below-given steps.
- Open Recycle Bin/Trash depending on the system you use.
- Highlight the files which you want to recover.
- If you use Windows click on the Restore option or if you are a Mac user click on the Put Back option this will restore deleted videos to the original location.
Method 3: Recover Through Backup
If you have made any backup on external storage devices like external hard drive, usb drive, and any other devices. You can recover lost videos on an sd card easily or if you have a backup on a cloud storage also you can get back your videos easily.
Method 4: Restore through Windows File Recovery
Windows File Recovery is a recovery tool developed by Microsoft that can recover deleted videos from SD cards in a hassle-free way.
- First of all, connect the SD card to the Windows PC.
- Later, download and install the Windows File Recovery tool from the MS Store or website.
- Launch the Command Prompt by typing cmd on the search box and right-clicking on Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command: And press Enter
cd C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsFileRecovery_1.5.21511.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
- After this command, you will be in the Windows File Recovery folder and type the below-given command:
winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
Note – replace source-drive with the drive letter of your SD card and destination-drive with the drive letter of the destination location.
- Input the below command to recover deleted videos from the sd card and save them to the D drive
winfr F: D: /n Users/Documents/Videos /r
- This command recovers deleted videos from the SD card in the “F:” drive and saves them to the “D:\Users\Documents\Videos” folder. Replace the paths and drive letters according to you.
- Finally, hit Enter to start the recovery process.
Suggestions to Avoid Video Deletion:
The information provided above will definitely help you to recover deleted videos from the SD card. Follow these recommended suggestions to avoid video loss from SD cards in the future.
- Do not use your SD card after the loss or deletion of videos to avoid risking the chances of SD card video recovery.
- Avoid ejecting your SD card during the video files transfer process and don’t use the same SD card on different operating systems
- Often scan your SD card to remove virus or malware threats from it
Despite taking preventive measures if you lose video from an SD card, Download and use the Yodot video recovery software to safely recover deleted videos from an SD card.
Hope, you got an idea to recover video files from the sd cards from this article. Use this article effectively for successful sd card video recovery. If there is a severe deletion of videos from the SD card, make use of the Yodot Photo Recovery tool.