Click on this page to find out the way to undelete deleted files from C drive on system hard disk.
Read this page to get the details about recovering deleted files from E drive on Windows system.
Deleted or erased files from Windows Server 2003 system for any reason can be recovered back using file recovery software.
Need to recover lost or deleted QuickBooks file from system hard drive? Then jump to this page…
Get simple procedure to regain deleted user folder from Windows 8 computer.
Follow simple steps specified in this page to restore deleted User Profile files from Windows 7 PC.
Go through this page to know how to retrieve deleted files if not found in Recycle Bin folder on Windows system.
Simple strategy to rescue erased files that were too big to hold in Recycle Bin folder is given here, visit page for complete details.
Searching for right way to retrieve deleted PST file? Visit this page to learn about how to bring back removed PST file.
Struggling to get back shift deleted files on Windows Server 2008 computer, then go through this page for best solution.
Here is an ultimate way to restore shift deleted folder from desktop on your Windows computer.
How to Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Drive
The instructions on this page explains you how to recover deleted files from external hard drive, SSD, USB drives and more with Yodot free data recovery software. Whenever you lose your valuable files from external hard drive after accidental deletion, corruption of the drive, and formatting the external hard drive, Yodot Recovery Software comes Handy to get back your files. Continue reading to know the data loss scenarios from external hard drive and instructions to perform external hard drive data recovery using this software.
What happens when you delete files from external hard drive?
When the files are deleted or lost from an external hard drive, they are not moved to the Recycle Bin or Trash folder. Instead, they get deleted from the external hard drive permanently. This doesn't mean that the files are lost permanently. Just the memory space occupied by those files are freed up for the new files, and they can be recovered back easily untill the deleted or lost files are not overwritten with new files.
So, if you have encountered data loss from your external hard drive, immediately stop using it in order to avoid overwriting on the deleted/lost files. If you overwrite new files on the deleted/lost files memory, then it's highly difficult to recover data from external hard drive. Then, immediately make use of a reliable and trusted data recovery tool such as Yodot to retrieve deleted files from external hard drive, and even missing files for that matter.
Yodot Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Drive
Yodot File Recovery is a free file recovery program available to recover data from external hard drive and all other storage media. This data recovery tool guides you throughout the recovery process that makes external hard drive data recovery easier. The software completely works on read-only mode, so that it recovers all your files safely and securely with the same file name, and extensions without altering the original files.
Yodot File Recovery Software supports recovery of over 300 file types including documents, photos, videos, music files, etc. In addition to external hard drives, the tool also recovers data from computer's internal hard drive, memory cards, flash drives, and other USB storage devices on both Windows and Mac, as the tool is designed for Windows and Mac editions separately.
Supported devices: Supports portable HDD recovery from all types and brands of devices including Apple external drive, WD, Seagate, Transcend, Toshiba, Imation, Sony, Maxtor, Verbatim, HP, Adata, Buffalo, LaCie, LG, Dell, Slave, Lenovo, Porsche, Samsung, Fujitsu, Iomega, Kingston, Maxwell, amd more. Supports USB 3.0, wireless, SSD, and all other kinds.
Instructions to Retrieve Deleted Files from External Hard Disk Drive:
Download, and install the free trial edition of Yodot File Recovery Software on your system. Then, connect your external hard disk to the system and follow these instructions to recover your data -
- Launch the Yodot File Recovery Software and click on Recover Files and then Recover Deleted files
- The tool lists all the internal and external drives, choose your external drive and click Next
- After the software scans your drive, view all the recoverable files and Preview them
- Select the ones you want to recover and finally provide a location to Save the recovered files and you’re done. The recovered files will be saved in a location that you specified.
Causes for the deletion of files from external hard drive:
- Accidental Deletion: Accidental deletion is one of the main reasons, as the user may delete few important files while removing unwanted stuffs from the external hard drive
- Virus Infection: Severe virus and malware infection to the drive can lead to data loss. Sometimes, these harmful malware programs prevents you from accessing the affected drive. In the mean while, when you scan your hard drive with Anti-virus tool, the affected files may get deleted without your notification
- Formatting: Formatting the hard drive intentionally or accidentally without having data backup results in permanentl deletion of the files from the respected drive or partition
- Mishandling of the Device: Abrupt removal of external hard drive from the PC or Mac when moving the files from the system to the external hard drive or vice versa can result in deletion of files.
- Other reasons: Other reasons behind the data loss from external hard drive include bad sectors, application error, hardware malfunction, improper removal, sudden power failure, etc.
- Avoid using your external hard drive to store new data after data loss mishap
- Never eject your portable hard disk device during file copying or transferring process
- Backup your important files before formatting, re-installing OS, file system conversion or other operations
- The software allows you to compress retrieved files before saving to desired storage location