“Hi, recently I upgraded to iTunes 10.6.3.25; after up-gradation, I encountered the following error message “The iTunes library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-50)” whenever I opened iTunes application. I even tried uninstalling/ installing the iTunes for several times, but it couldn’t work. Nothing can be saved to iTunes library files and any changes made to the library file will not show up the next time iTunes is opened. This makes iTunes unusable for anything other than listening to music. Any suggestion regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!”
Usually this kind of error occurs due to less available disk space for iTunes on your Mac computer or file permission error. Free up the space on hard drive in which the iTunes library is saved and change the permission of iTunes library file. Then try to save music on iTunes library files even if you encounter the same error message, then it clearly recognizes that the iTunes application is corrupted or damaged.
There are several instances due to which music files from iTunes may go missing or erased. Some of the commonly encountered situations are abrupt termination of Mac machine while iTunes are still in use; specifying incorrect path to iTunes library can make it inaccessible; system crash due to bad sectors; wrong installation of programs can affect the iTunes library, up-gradation error; unintentional formatting of system drive; accidental deletion of iTunes folder, etc. In order to overcome all these situations and retrieve music files from iTunes library, you must use third party recovery utility.
Software to recover music after iTunes file error:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery is a reputed utility that helps you to retrieve music files after iTunes file cannot be saved error. This program provides user friendly interface for retrieving songs from iTunes libraries that are corrupted due several faults occurred on Apple computers. It can also recover media files stored on other apple products like iPods, iMac, Mac Mini and MacBooks. This program is free from virus or malware infection and provides free trial download to check the consistency of this tool in recovering the data. This application has the ability to recover all media files like music, audio, video and other documents that are stored on Mac system. This recovery software effectively works with all versions of Mac OS X systems.
Procedure for retrieving music files after iTunes file error:
- Download Yodot Mac Photo Recovery tool and install it on your Mac computer
- Launch the application and follow recovery procedure displayed on screen
- In main screen you will find two options i.e. “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery”
- Select the appropriate option depending on the situation in which you lost music files
- After this, software will scan entire Mac computer and shows all the volumes present in system
- Select the particular volume from which you need to retrieve music from iTunes files and click “Next” option
- Recovery software starts scanning the selected volume and displays all recovered music from iTunes library file
- You can preview the recovered audio files using “Preview” option present on the recovery utility
- At last, save the recovered music files to your desired volume, but don’t store it to the same volume from which you are trying to retrieve audio files
- Install good security application to protect your music files preserved on iTunes library file from virus attack
- Always keep an additional copy of your essential media files in some other reliable storage devices
- Don’t interrupt while synchronizing the music files with iTunes application