“I have connected iPod to my computer to move a few music files. I did not want those files to get copied to iTunes so I enabled ‘Disk mode’ so that I can copy them to any location on my Mac computer. But at the time of moving music files, iPod suddenly hanged and did not give a positive response even after waiting for a long time. So I have canceled the transfer process and shut down iPod. After restarting iPod, I thought of transferring those music files once again. But those songs were missing from my iPod. Has anyone undergone this type of situation and overcome it? If yes, then please let me know the procedure to get back my songs from iPod.”
If you are facing the same kind of issue don't worry this article helps you in fixing the issue with ease.
iPod is great digital gadget for storing and playing music as well as videos. When it comes anything related to iPod, iTunes is the application that most of the users inquire about. One may use it to copy media files to Mac computer, configure the device, sync and update the device and at the same time to create backup of important files like photos, videos, music etc. However, few users are not aware of its functionality and wish to use their iPod without iTunes.
Using iPod without iTunes is very easy; just enable “Disk Mode” on your iPod and you can use it without iTunes. When you enable “Disk Mode”, iPod just acts as an external storage device and does not sync to iTunes whenever you connect it to your Mac computer. But as explained in the above scenario, one might lose their music files from iPod without iTunes. Although, it is heartbreaking to lose favorite collections of songs, it is possible to restore them by utilizing apt iPod file recovery software.
How Do I Transfer Music From iPod to computer without Itunes?
To access the PC, open the start menu.
- Connect the iPod to a drive-by by double-clicking on it.
- Now select Edit>Select All, then Edit>copy.
- Go to your desktop and open the iPod Backup folder. You will be able to copy and paste all the files from the iPod into your hard drive.
How to Recover and Access Music From iPod without iTunes?
Method 1: Recover Music from iPod using cloud service
As long as your files are within the limit, you can put music on your iPod without iTunes wirelessly for free.
cloud-based file-sharing services such as Dropbox do a great job to get music onto your iPod. You can put music on your iPod without iTunes as long as your music files are within the limit. Let's check out how to copy music from iPod to PC without iTunes using Dropbox.
- Open Dropbox on your iPod after the download and installation, and sign in to your account.
- Download the Dropbox installer on the computer, and start the tool after the tool installation.
- Then click on the folder to find the songs.
- Now, click on the names of your desired songs, and copy them to your computer.
Method 2: How to Get Music off iPod to computer without iTunes Directly
Follow the below steps to get the songs off iPod without iTunes Directly
- Plug your iPod into the computer using a USB
- Click on the Yes or Trust on iPod as prompted to grant the access to your computer
- Open My computer to click on the iPod icon.
- Now, click on the Tools > Folder > View
- Select the Hidden items
- Now, you will find the iPod control and the music folder.
- Choose the song folder and drag it to any location on your pc
Method 3: Retrieve songs from iPod without iTunes Using Yodot Mac File Recovery
Yodot Mac File Recovery software which is famous for recovering files from different storage devices also has the potential to get back music from iPod without iTunes. Yodot Mac File Recovery software is designed as a read-only mode that recovers music from the iPod without causing any damage. You can recover music from your iPod with just a few clicks.
Steps to regain music from iPod using Yodot:
- Connect the iPod to your computer by making use of a USB cable
- Install and run the software to start recovering your files from iPod
- Main screen displays two options which are Deleted File Recovery and Lost File Recovery
- Select the drive that represents your iPod and click upon Next
- Now list of recovered files indicating its extensions will be visible to you
- Choose required file types or else hit on Skip to recover all files by default
- Preview recovered music files (you can preview other media files also) and Save them on a location that you prefer on your Mac system or to external storage drive connected to it
Tips to backup music from iPod without iTunes:
- Take a backup of important files and then enable “disk mode” if you do not wish to sync your music to iTunes on your Mac computer.
- Do not copy songs to a Mac computer when there is continuous fluctuation in power.