“I hate it when it happened to me with my iPod!! Yesterday my iPod was disabled and it does not give me any options to operate it. It was displaying ‘iPod is disabled; connect to iTunes’ error message. I connected my iPod device to Mac system, but ITunes did not recognize my iPod device and forced me to restore that device to its factory settings. Can someone suggest me how to recover music files from disabled iPod? Thanks in advance!!”
iPod is one of the worth using digital gadgets mostly used as music player. This device is associated with iTunes software that maintains complete database of iPod device systematically. However, as discussed in above scenarios; iPod users perhaps face difficulties and lose their plenty of music files along with other media files stored in it. iPod device may get disabled due to various reasons such as malware or virus attack to t iPod; using same iPod on both Windows and Mac OS; iTunes synchronization issues; interruptions while moving music files from iPod to Mac system, etc.
However, in order to use disabled iPod, one should restore device back to its factory settings to get rid of errors as specified in above discussion. As restoring iPod to its factory setting results in complete data loss, user will get disappointed about music files and other data stored in it. In this kind of situations without worrying much, make use of appropriate media file recovery software like Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software.
Disabled iPod music recovery software:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software is the best choice to recover music from disabled iPod on Mac system. Its simple and interactive GUI makes it easy to get back erased or missing music files from disabled iPod. This application can also restore music from corrupted iPod because of various reasons mentioned above. In addition, this utility retrieves other media files like photos, video clips, podcasts, etc from disabled iPod device on Mac OS X system. You can even restore media files from all models of iPod including iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Mini. This program can bring back music files from iPod after accidental deletion, unintentional formatting or not working iPod after any incident. Moreover, one can rescue music files from memory cards, pen drives, hard drives, external hard drives and other storage drives using this application. This software works well to get media files back from all storage drives on Mac OS X Marwicks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard and Leopard operating systems.
Simple procedure to recover music from disabled iPod:
- Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery application on Macintosh machine
- Connect disabled iPod via USB to that Mac system
- Run the software and stick to the on-screen instructions
- From main screen, select “Lost Photo Recovery” option to get back music files from disabled iPod
- Next, this tool scans and displays all the volumes present on Mac system including the externally connected devices including iPod
- Select the drive / volume representing your disabled iPod and then click “Next” button
- This program scans the entire iPod device and shows all the erased / lost music files from it
- View the retrieved data in “Data View” and “File Type View” to easily select required music files
- Mark your desired music files which you want to restore back from iPod
- At last, browse for the destination location on system to save rescued music files; however, not to the same iPod to avoid data overwriting
Tips to be followed:
- Do not make unnecessary mouse clicks when your iPod is not responding
- Avoid using iPod in incompatible device or operating systems
- Backup your beloved music albums and other media files of iPod on system or some other devices