Sony Vegas is video editing software that supports various file formats. A common complaint that many people report is the software’s incompatibility with MOV files. To understand this, MOV files are container files and may contain different codecs. So, if a codec that is used in a MOV file is not supported by Sony Vegas, then the respective MOV file cannot be opened.
In such cases, your best bet is to convert the MOV file into a more generic format such as MP4. This can be done using the VLC player. It is an open-source media player that is available for free. It has the ability to convert to and from a variety of formats.
How to Convert a MOV File to MP4?
Download and install the VLC player on your system and follow the steps below to convert your MOV files to MP4.
- Run the player and click on the Media menu
- In the drop-down, select Convert/Save
- Click on the Add button to select your MOV files to convert
- Now, click on Convert/Save button at the bottom
- A window opens where you can choose the destination and output format
- Select MP4 under the format menu
- Select a destination folder where you’d like to save your file and assign a name to the converted file
- Click on Start to start the conversion process.
This will convert your MOV file to MP4. Once the conversion is done, you can play/edit these files on Sony Vegas.
Now, if any interruptions or errors occur during the conversion process, your file may get corrupted. Other reasons for corruption are playing the video in an incompatible media player or interruptions when the file is being transferred to a storage device.
Software such as Yodot MOV Repair can repair your corrupt MOV files in a jiffy. It extracts contents from your video files, and separates them into audio and video. Then, it identifies and fixes issues and creates a healthy file. So, you don’t have to worry about your original file being damaged.
Sometimes, there may be synchronization of audio and video, or only your audio plays but the video doesn’t. Yodot helps you in such cases as well. Refer to Sony Vegas files no video for more information.
About Yodot MOV Repair
In addition to MOV files, it can also fix corrupt MP4 files. The software supports all versions of Windows including the latest Windows 10. A variant of the software is also available for Mac users.
Simple steps to repair MOV files:
Repairing MOV files is easy with Yodot software. It provides a simple interface with step-by-step instructions. To begin with, just download and install the software on your system.
- Run the software and select a healthy MOV file (as a reference)
- Then select your corrupt MOV file
- Click on Repair to start the repair process
- After the repair process is complete, you can Preview the files using the Preview feature
- Then save the files to the desired location