“Need help to regain iPhoto library folder!!! I removed few images from iPhoto library folder and emptied Trash Bin. Later I found that I have cleared several precious photos from that folder. I am badly in need of those picture files, Can anyone help me to recover photos from iPhoto library folder on Mac computer? Awaiting for your reply...”
iPhoto is the program developed by Apple. Photo library folder is self-contained folder which resembles like single file in Finder program. It contains all master images, preview and thumbnail versions of photos, database files that reads and writes to know info about each pictures as how you have organized. User can save as many photos as they wish on iPhoto Library folder. However, your images from iPhoto library folder can sometimes get missed due to unknown reasons even after taking many preventive measures.
- While moving iPhoto library folder from one drive to another Mac drive, occurrence of interruption leads to missing up of image files from it
- Corruption of iPhoto library folder due to software conflict or incorrect update of OS
- Unintentionally deleting iPhoto library folder using Command + Shift + Option + Delete keys
- iPhoto library folder may crash due to freezing or slowdown of Mac operating system
- Clicking on Rebuild feature on iPhoto creates new library making the older one invisible
In above mentioned situations, pictures are just unreadable on Mac machine. To solve these issue, you can try this manual method:
First locate 'Finder' bar at top of Mac system. Press on 'Go' option and choose 'Home' from menu, it will locate the files under your user name. Find 'Pictures' option and double click on it to restore all files present in that folder. Now search for file labeled 'iPhoto Library' and right click on that label and choose 'Show Package Contents'. Double click on folder labeled 'Data' within 'Package Contents' folder. In that folder, you can find entire photos you have been saved on Mac computer. Finally copy and paste required files to your desktop.
If above mentioned method failed to restore image files, then it is ideal way to use proper photo recovery tool to bring back lost files from iPhoto library folder on Mac computer.
Software to recover iPhoto library folder:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery utility can get pictures back from iPhoto library folder on Mac operating system. Including JPG, JPEG, IMG, GIF, TIFF, PIC, CRW, CR2, NEF, ARI, MOS, SRW etc. MRW files recovery is also possible with the use of this application. Its advanced scanning feature will assist user to restore entire media files such as pictures, music files, video clips, along with Office files, etc. It provides user friendly interface for recovering media files with simple recovery steps. This utility can rescue files from other external storage devices like external hard drive, memory card, SSD drives, FireWire drives, USB drives and so on. Its ‘RAW Search’ option will help to locate particular files with unique signature to avoid full system scan. This program can be installed on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac and Mac operating systems running with Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
Steps by step procedure to retrieve iPhoto library folder:
- Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery tool on Mac system and launch i
- On main screen you will get two options that is 'Deleted Photo Recovery' and 'Lost Photo Recovery'
- In that Select for required option to recover deleted or lost picture files from iPhoto library folder
- Choose the volume from where image files are lost
- This app scans selected volume and shows recoverable files from it
- Now select the file type or hit on 'Skip' option to select all files by default
- Allow the software to scan selected drive
- When scanning process ends, view retrieved photo files in 'Data View' or 'File Type View'
- Preview the listed photo files in two view types and finally save them using 'Save' option in desired destination location